X-MEN Producer Updates The Status Of The GAMBIT Movie

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Co-sign. As good as Logan was, I didn't like how that whole movie basically proved that Magneto was right all along. It was either them, or us.

On subject, Gambit would be fine as a supporting character added in future X-men movies, but I don't think he's main-character material as far as him being able to carry an entire movie by himself. More power to them if they can make it work though :manny:
Logan was a one off elseworld style story. It wasn't canon.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Gore Verbinski To Direct ‘Gambit’ With Channing Tatum At Fox

EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Gore Verbinski is making a deal to direct Gambit at Fox. The X-Men spinoff has been a high priority at the studio, since Channing Tatumstepped up to star in the film as Remy LeBeau, the suave mutant from New Orleans who can turn objects into projectiles. That includes a deck of cards. Free Association’s Tatum and Reid Carolin are producing the film with X-Men overseers Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. Josh Zetumer wrote the script. The film formerly had Doug Liman and Rupert Wyatt attached, and the character was first seen in a cameo played by in a small dose by Taylor Kitsch in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Verbinski most recently directed A Cure For Wellness, but he’s adept at big scale films, having originated the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. He’s repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
‘Gambit’ Starring Channing Tatum Will Open Valentine’s Day 2019

20th Century Fox says that the February 14, 2019 release date it had reserved on the calendar is being designated for Gambit starring Channing Tatum. Deadline exclusively reported that Gore Verbinski is set to direct the long-in-the-works X-Men movie from Josh Zetumer’s script. Producers are Tatum, Reid Carolin, Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.

Chris Claremont and Jim Lee created Gambit for Marvel in 1990. Otherwise known as Remy LeBeau, Gambit has the ability to charge matter with volatile kinetic energy, causing the object in question to explosively release its charge on impact. The character materialized in a short burst in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine at the time portrayed by Taylor Kitsch.

My fave X-Man comin mon ami
BByOAUB.png

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Gambit’ Audition Tape Explores Bella Donna Relationship – Candra Will Appear

Fox’s Gambit spinoff is quickly coming together after two director hiccups and major script rewrites.

Our friends over at SplashReport revealed some possible details on the film, along with a rumor that the studio wants Daniel Craig as villain Mister Sinister.

The studio has also announced that Gambit will be released on February 14th, 2019. We had previously mentioned the studio eyeing the spot many hours before the announcement. Gore Verbinski (Pirates of The Caribbean Trilogy, The Mexican, The Ring) has been seemingly been set to direct the film. Gambit is expected to begin production early next year.

We also contributed ourselves with the news that the studio would be keeping the working title Chess for the project.

Well, we have exciting new details to share with fans.

Omega Underground has exclusively obtained an audition tape for Gambit that could reveal some character dynamics in the film. Previously, we’ve uncovered X-Men audition tapes for X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, and New Mutants.

Due to date of the audition being from July 6th, 2016, it’s likely from the Doug Liman (Edge of Tomorrow, American Made) incarnation of the film (2015-2017), as Liman was hellbent on recasting certain roles, including French actress Lea Seydoux (Spectre, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Inglorious Basterds) as female lead Bella Donna Boudreaux.

There had been chatter that Liman wasn’t a fan of Seydoux in the role.

This audition tape supports that talk, as film and theatre actress Ali Rodney (The Victorians) is seen here auditioning with a southern accent for what seems to be the Bella Donna part. The audition was recorded well after the offer was reportedly sent out to Seydoux back in August 2015.

While it’s been revealed multiple times Gambit will be a heist/crime centric film, the release date of Valentines Day suggests they’ll be playing up the love story within it. Potentially between Remy and Bella Donna, the two become lovers and eventually get married. There are some hints to this past relationship in the dialog used in Ali’s audition, along with her possible role in the film as a possible fixer or middle-man for these heists.

The character she’s speaking to here is Remy LeBeau.

SCENE #1:

GAMBIT: It’s your coat.

BELLA: Okay, I’m not gonna play these games with you.

GAMBIT: I just need some intel. I don’t like working a job unless I know what I’m stealing.

BELLA: You have such little respect for me, you think I’d just tell you?

GAMBIT: Someone less manly than myself might say that you owe me.

BELLA: I don’t owe you shyt! [laughs] Unless you got something for me.

GAMBIT: I think I have something you want. Something you’ve always wanted.

BELLA: Oh, I see, I’m going to pull back the curtain and dazzle me with intellect, huh?

GAMBIT: Why don’t we make a game of it? You answer a question, I’ll give you a peek in my mind. It’ll be like when we played strip poker.

BELLA: Hmm..Only with your thoughts. Alright, I’m game. Shoot.

SCENE #2:

G: That’s one of my worst [inaudable]

B: Yeah, that’s not fair.

G: [inaudable] ..we could have had everything.

B: Is that your question?

G: Yeah.

B: I.. I don’t know. I guess I just froze it was a chicken-shyt thing to do. I guess I just saw a different side of you that day. A darker side it scared me. I didn’t feel safe with you.

G: You’re right, I was an a$$hole. I’m sorry.

B: Yeah, uh, I’m sorry too. Now, you owe me one more.

B: [smiles] What was that?

G: Those were my expectations. I think we need a hotel.

B: Yeah. [laughs]

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I like what I'm seeing here. I'd like to see a mix of The Crow, Mad Max & Candyman

Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Designer Hired For The Gambit Movie

BY

150819325116_-_Gambit,_Mad_Max.jpg

After what seemed like an endless myriad of delays, the Gambit movie is finally moving forward. With Gore Verbinski in the director’s chair, the movie now has an Oscar-winning costume designer in its ranks.

According to Omega Underground, Mad Max: Fury Road costume designer Jenny Beavan has been hired to work on Gambit. Beavan has also worked with Verbinksi in this year’s A Cure for Wellness, and she’s also provided costumes for films like The King’s Speech and Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes movies.

ADVERTISING
Channing Tatum is still onboard to play Remy LeBeau, and the movie is being described as an action/heist film. Seeing that Gambit used to be a criminal before he joined the ranks of the X-Men, I think this would serve as an origin movie for him.

To be honest, I wasn’t really interested in a Gambit movie. Though I think the character is cool on his own, I didn’t think he was big enough to headline in his own movie. With Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, and 3) as the director, however, I’m now more willing to see what this movie has in store.
It seems that Fox is trying it’s best to expand their X-Men cinematic universe. Though I think the main X-Men stories have kind of lost their fire, I’m still up for watching Deadpool and the upcoming X-Force movie. I’m even impressed that they’re coming up with a superhero horror film in The New Mutants.

Gambit is set to come out on Feb. 16, 2019.

See Also: Gambit: Is Candra The Movie's Villain?

Last edited: