‘X-Men’ Drama 'Gifted' On Fox (Cancelled)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You know how they do only one type of victim here :mjlol:
You know what I’m noticing on here too...they making all the black people villains or a$$holes. The black inmate being a shot caller in prison, the doctor warning the stupid ass mother to beware of mutants, that bytch ass security gloating saying “What a waste” when ol girl broke down the door and her nose started bleeding. Them randomly throwing a black guy in the neighborhood mob and him eggin the guy to break in his house to get the mutants and the main agent being the one after everybody....Im not sure I like this shyt yet.

Edit:
Meanwhile every other ethnicity is being made heroes or being oppressed and the whites family with the blonde daughter and teenage being the most oppressed and traumatized behind this shyt..Hell they even tried to make the mother with the kid in the van some victims....I see you Fox

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
You know what I’m noticing on here too...they making all the black people villains or a$$holes. The black inmate being a shot caller in prison, the doctor warning the stupid ass mother to beware of mutants, that bytch ass security gloating saying “What a waste” when ol girl broke down the door and her nose started bleeding. Them randomly throwing a black guy in the neighborhood mob and him eggin the guy to break in his house to get the mutants and the main agent being the one after everybody....Im not sure I like this shyt yet.

Don't forget that the main villain is played by a half-black, half-white actor.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s dope. If the family aspect, which can be cheesy, grated on you normally then I’d stay away but it’s a really good show and handles the mutant allegory really well
This show proves the x-men universe should've been small screen we really get to see what people go through with mutants getting persecuted:wow:Dope scene right here

True to both. Serialized storytelling on TV (and in comics to begin with) really allows the world to be built that frames the X-Men stories. The movies can really only keep it as a vague allegory for oppression but this show is letting them construct this "world that hates and fears them" in a way that accurately portrays what a mutant in that world would go through. Only through 3 episodes, they've really built this foundation of realistically showing where mutants stand legally, socially, economically, etc... in a way that the movies could only allude to. It's still early but this show is setting up very strong.

What happened in Rio?

With his comment on mutant siblings in Rio and showing that damage, I think they're foreshadowing them combining their powers like the Strucker twins in the comics:

697cedbd532feb68828cc2d30f92cedb.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Don't forget that the main villain is played by a half-black, half-white actor.

I suspect he'll partially flip to the other side at some point. When he refused to give the prisoners to that scientist I think they were saying that there's a line he's not willing to cross.

I think he's the "Tommy Lee Jones" in The Fugitive in this.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The budget tapered off, the last episode felt like a an episode of charmed. A lot of filler dialog, Amy Aker seems to being doing job though.

They put money into the pilot to get it picked up. With the next 9 episodes they probably had to pick and choose where to fill out the budget.

Low key might've used too much of the budget on those portal projectiles from last week.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Mom getting that mutant wake up call 2nd week in a row :francis:. Surely there must be someone you can call, I was on swim team with him :picard:

It seemed like she knew what the deal was by the end of the episode though :ehh:

Son already on some Magneto shyt, talking about robbing banks and taking out mobs :demonic:

Ol girl from Alphas played the mom w/the little kid. Alphas was another show with people with special abilities, canceled too soon by Syfy :mjcry:

Red head has some kind of mental projection powers :ohhh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Just watched the newest one...Lorna is trying so hard and it's clear she was the heart and leader of the whole deal. The Strucker father had to once against find his soul and fight his natural bigotry. I wonder how they will get Lorna out.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Loved this episode. I like how they are showing how people are turning on them when they learned the family has mutants in it. From childhood friends leaving graffiti on their house, the uncle being scared AF and giving them only 24 hours before they have to go, to the mob that consisted of people they've known for years wanting to kill them. shyt is dope.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Loved this episode. I like how they are showing how people are turning on them when they learned the family has mutants in it. From childhood friends leaving graffiti on their house, the uncle being scared AF and giving them only 24 hours before they have to go, to the mob that consisted of people they've known for years wanting to kill them. shyt is dope.
I swear I yelled out laughing when she said “But we were on the swim team together”
:mjlol:
Yea I’m sure reminding him of that will get you out of this one