WWE selling off their mats like a NASCAR car: thoughts?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’ve seen overwhelmingly negative response to it online

Nobody thinks it’s a good idea besides WWE executives and sponsors

I hate it, agree with Vince that the mat should be sacred. In general the E is getting too corporate for me. There was something charmable and accessible about it when it was a family business being run on a smaller scale
That's what happens when people want to take things mainstream, they start sacrificing on their values and begin rationalizing things they never would have done before all in the name of money. And then they just keep pushing it and pushing it and pushing it so they can make more money.

Sure, a lot of money is made off of it, but at what cost?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
fukking horrible logo…but it doesn’t bother me when NJPW does it so…:manny:
I'm basically desensitized to it at this point. I'm so used to logos on the playing surface in sports that it's just the norm at this point. I was even starting to see that bullshyt in D3 before I left working in college athletics. It's ugly, but it doesn't really detract from the product though. No one is ever like "that game winning buzzer beater was impressive, but seeing that Kroger logo on the court? Ruined it for me. All I'm ever going to remember about it was how fukking ugly it was to have the logo in that shot."

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you have digital ring aprons....digital ring posts....digital ring barriers.....a lot of digital to never have to do this but whatever

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's what happens when people want to take things mainstream, they start sacrificing on their values and begin rationalizing things they never would have done before all in the name of money. And then they just keep pushing it and pushing it and pushing it so they can make more money.

Sure, a lot of money is made off of it, but at what cost?
At the cost of fat fukks like you crying about it on the internet.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
One of the good things about Vince is he treated the mat sacred. I get why WWE is doing this and from a business sense I can't be mad but I sure don't have to like it. But I'm sure TKO/WWE is like "whatever fans will bytch for awhile but still watch and then in due time ads on the mat will be accepted as the norm"

Unless a wrestler died in the ring and had their blood splattered on the mat, then he was coo :sas2:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Hopefully they just stick to replay shots. I don't see a problem with that. This is really no different when they do an overhead shot during a ladder match.

For a product like pro wrestling though, it's not a great camera angle. It takes away from the impact of a move; Montez Ford's frogsplash for example wouldn't really hit the same way with an overhead shot.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow: The worst thing Nick Khan did was flick through Lucha Libre:

giphy.gif

Mans fitting to have wrestling fans going:

de0e706fbc5c69ebc13ff52366cf7f7d.gif

I MUST BUY PRIME...I MUST BUY PRIME