WWE selling off their mats like a NASCAR car: thoughts?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
One of the good things about Vince is he treated the mat sacred. I get why WWE is doing this and from a business sense I can't be mad but I sure don't have to like it. But I'm sure TKO/WWE is like "whatever fans will bytch for awhile but still watch and then in due time ads on the mat will be accepted as the norm"

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
ZDr4IQc.png

LGPU37y.png

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Like in every other live event, it was inevitable. There's too much money involved to pass on it, especially when it's a public company.

But I don't like it. Just like I don't like logos on jerseys and courts/fields, arenas and stadiums with bullshyt corproate names, stupid ass corporate college football bowl game names, etc.

There are ways it can be done to negate some of the negatives of it when it comes to logos, but that's largely by making it blend in with what you see on screen, which kind of negates a bit of the purpose of having it. And then some companies aren't going to want to do that because of branding reasons if it means changing colors of their logo.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It sucks but its not the first time a wrestling company has done it

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
As a casual observer, it wouldn't be so bad if the logos were so big and prominent. One of the things I was happy about when the nba did it was that those logos are small. Furthermore, because I never heard of some of these brands, I looked them up. Exactly what was intended from the perspective of the advertiser.