WWE Games in the mid 2000s Appreciation Thread

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
just bring it and shut your mouth had good story/season mode, loved being able to bring the belt out

but than the next game they added blood and body damage

svr 2006 and 2007 i was on heavy, GM mode amd season mode>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

stopped after 07 thats when i was done watching wwe
Same here. No Mercy and the early ps2 joints got the most burn from me.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underrated

8871_front.jpg

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Read half the thread title "Oh my god"
Finished "Wow :wow:"

We in here brehs :mjcry:

Whatchu wanna know. We're :flabbynsick: now 90s brehs. I ran through them shyts.

I used to get shyt on by first level triple h wannabes on my gameboy :wow: but I mean what, I have a copy of raw vs smackdown 10 that was :scust: you can beat it with spike dudley, it's terrible

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I had WM18 and 19, Day of Reckoning for the GC. I put in so many hours in these games. Also the first smackdown and smackdown 2 for ps1
nice to see another nikka from Portland. I was born in NE portland.

anyway, only mid 2000 wrestling game I mess with is SVR 2006. just cus the legends it had. otherwise its back to No Mercy & WCW vs NWO

Daps
Reppin
SN1
2002-2003 alone we got

Wrestlemania 18
Shut Your Mouth
Wrestlemania 19
Here Comes the Pain
Def Jam Vendetta

5 of the best wrestling games ever. Wrestlemania 18 was outclassed in every way by 19, much like Shut Your Mouth was outclassed by Here Comes the Pain, but when it came out it was great, the only WWE game until 2K14 to have Hoegan, Hall, and Nash.

Wrestlemania 19 Revenge Mode is highly underrated, just because its not a traditional wrestling mode. Great gameplay and roster, it was the GOAT for a few months until Here Comes the Pain came out.

Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 are both good games, I love the graphics especially in DOR2, that games graphics might still be the best in a wrestling game. Both games have great soundtracks. DOR2 has a very underrated camera angle feature where you can choose between 3 camera angles to play in. I never understood why this is the only wrestling game to have this when every other sports game always has multiple camera angles. I think Wrestlemania 19 is better though but all the Gamecube exclusive games are fun.

Here Comes the Pain is still the GOAT. The roster, gameplay, and season mode can't be touched. I still play it regularly.

Def Jam Vendetta still has the best story mode in a wrestling game, DMX and Ludacris wrestling that shyt was cool as fukk. FFNY gets more love but I hated that they changed it to a fighting game.

Smackdown vs Raw was cool but the roster was to small. I didn't like SvR06, they changed the gameplay too much, made it slower and more simulation which was a mistake in my opinion. GM Mode was cool, I liked doing the draft but it seemed like no matter who I picked I always lost most weeks to the CPU brand. SvR07 GM mode was worse (gave you less freedom) but the game was better. I liked the return to HCTP style gameplay, and SvR08 is highly underrated, loved it and spent a lot of time playing it. SvR09 was the last decent one.

It gets a lot of hate online for being "too arcadey" but I liked Legends of Wrestlemania. At the very least it was a brand new game with its own unique gameplay, and it was a lot better than the horrible Legends of Wrestling games, and it started the whole showcase mode thing that became the big mode every year from WWE 13 to 2K16. This game also had the best looking arenas in a wrestling game, they actually felt and looked like big arenas.

I didn't play SvR10 but from SvR11 on the games have been complete trash. I got suckered into buying a few of them due to some of the legends on the roster but the gameplay now is unbelievably boring, just like WWE itself.

I don't really like No Mercy that much these days. It has the best create mode (because great creations can look like in game wrestlers) but it's also extremely limited, you cant create a decent Rey Mysterio no matter what you do. No Mercy gameplay is just to slow for me. I always thought the Smackdown series was better, especially Know Your Role which came out around the same time.
Underrated
Mayhem is still to this day the only wrestling game with good commentary. The graphics were great for their time but the animations sucked. If the gameplay was a little better it could have been a classic.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I know that No Mercy is the favorite N64 Wrestling Game but I preferred Wrestlemania 2000
40411-WWF_WrestleMania_2000_(USA)-1451508637.jpg

Also the first Raw vs Smackdown game was pretty good

Smackdown_vs_Raw_Boxart.jpg

Nah that first SvR game was not the best at all and was a step down from what we got the year before with HCTP. THQ improved with SvR '06 the following year game was a basically the same with improved gameplay mechanics. Everything after SvR '06-07 was a slow decline with each installment SvR 2008 was the WOAT game in the entire SvR series. By the time THQ changed for SvR to WWE '12 & 13 they were on the way out the door. WWE '12 & WWE '13 were great improvements over the last few SVR games but it was too late.

I give credit when it was due THQ had a lot of great WWE games from Smackdown 2:Know Your Role, SYM, HCTP, & SVR 2006 & 2007. Those games were fun and they did their best work with HCTP imo.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
you can still play all of these games

I got a PS2 slim off ebay a few yrs ago for $60 along with HCTP & SvR '06. Those are the only games that are still playable and have aged well. I always got keep them on deck in caseI get really bored with my PS4.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Shed a tear reading this thread...

From smackdown 2, to no mercy to that one good WCW game..to wrestlemania 2000.. To that epic one on GameCube

:mjcry:

Mob H

All Star
Daps
Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, Smackdown 2, Here Comes the Pain all GOATs.