WTF? They got instant over the counter home AIDS tests now?

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I'm not sure if that's true,depends on the brand (honestly i only know/used one brand), thats why I'm not a fan of most rapid tests ... you're more likely to get a false negative with the rapid tests that I have in my hospital's lab. I'd really get my testing done in a lab with more sophisticated instruments.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I heard that it is very accurate, which is the reason why the FDA finally approved it. It's still a good idea to follow up the test with more stringent testing that you can get at a clinic. Eventually, the over the counter test will become more reliable.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Aid Atlanta uses the same rapid test. Of course nothing is better than a blood test from your doctor, but that doesn't mean that the rapid test won't give you accurate results 99.98% (the number that researchers found) of the time. Please remember that accuracy also depends on how long you test after your suspected exposure.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
This test is 99% accurate. It's the one used at most clinics in the country.

Of course a blood test is a little bit more accurate but that will take you days.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Its probably 99% accurate for test positive if you're positive.Its accuracy is based on if someone got a viable sample. the thing I'd be worried about is human error whether done unintentional or maliciously. nikkas barely read instructions to anything as it is now. Thats where we base why we have presumptive negatives if you did it right, and false negatives if :ufdup:.

With an instrument that has everything on it, quality controlled, calibrated, and maintenance done on a daily basis by a professional the amount of human error is next to none.

O yea blood and serum samples are better than saliva samples IMO with rapid tests....and I'm glad people out here doing their on research too. :win:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
i actually had this chick take this.....and then i smashed raw.

true story...if i had the box still in the trash, i'd post it

Too bad you wouldn't catch HIV from vaginal sex anyways.:snoop: You're much more likely have to worry about herpes and other shyt.