Wtf...Rico Wade has passed away according to Killer Mike

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

It sucks getting older. I wondered how my parents felt seeing their stars get old and pass.

Breh the difference is that the stars our parents grew up with actually got older. Aretha Franklin didn’t die young. George Clinton is still here. You had some out of nowhere shǐt like Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye but never a bunch of folks from that era dying in their 20s/40s to early 50s.

And many of the unsung heroes like the studio musicians, background singers and producers from back then are either still alive and very old or just now dying off.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

200.gif

frontline-480x480.png

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Breh the difference is that the stars our parents grew up with actually got older. Aretha Franklin didn’t die young. George Clinton is still here. You had some out of nowhere shǐt like Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye but never a bunch of folks from that era dying in their 20s/40s to early 50s.

And many of the unsung heroes like the studio musicians, background singers and producers from back then are either still alive and very old or just now dying off.
Nah breh. It's always been like that with musicians. Otis Redding, Tammi Terrell, Phillipe Wynne, Donnie Hathaway, Roger Troutman, Phyllis Hyman, David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Whitney Houston, Gerald Levert.

I could name a lot more but I'll stop there. R.I.P. to everybody I named.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I’m not mistaken he was heavy into that coke in the 90’s. Lifestyle decisions made in your 20’s and 30’s will catch up to you.

:ehh:

This sounds good and has some truth to it…. but it doesn’t apply as much as people think…. Rico always had a vibe like he wasn’t gonna be here long…. Not sure why… God bless his family

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If I’m not mistaken he was heavy into that coke in the 90’s. Lifestyle decisions made in your 20’s and 30’s will catch up to you.

A lot of Hip Hop cats need to understand drug use and poor diets will catch up with you hard.