WTF is up with most of these TV channels?!?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:mindblown:
  • Constant reruns of old ass TV shows on Music channels (Martin, Fresh Prince, etc)
  • Constant movie showings on Music channels
  • Most of the channels not living by their purpose (Sundance TV showing Law and Order 30 times a day)
I been with Sling TV for a minute since the wife loves her Hallmark channels and it just seems mindboggling to me:why:. Like what happened that I wasn't aware of since I cut the cord brehs?

Please somebody fill me in on why this is happening:dwillhuh:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
:mindblown:
  • Constant reruns of old ass TV shows on Music channels (Martin, Fresh Prince, etc)
  • Constant movie showings on Music channels
  • Most of the channels not living by their purpose (Sundance TV showing Law and Order 30 times a day)
I been with Sling TV for a minute since the wife loves her Hallmark channels and it just seems mindboggling to me:why:. Like what happened that I wasn't aware of since I cut the cord brehs?

Please somebody fill me in on why this is happening:dwillhuh:

They're just trying to eat right now. A lot of people who are still paying for cable have downgraded to basic cable, so they don't even have those type of channels anymore.

I'm guessing it's suppose to entice you to upgrade your cable/sling/direcTV now package.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
They're just trying to eat right now. A lot of people who are still paying for cable have downgraded to basic cable, so they don't even have those type of channels anymore.

I'm guessing it's suppose to entice you to upgrade your cable/sling/direcTV now package.

I figured cable cutting is killing the game but yeesh:picard:. Half the channels looking wild struggle. Thank God TCM and my indie channels are still thriving tho:wow:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Martin and Fresh Prince are still nice ass shows

It's nice seeing black middle classes families portrayed in a positive light

True, but original programming breh:ld:. Like majority of these channels feel like abandoning buildings with squatters in them. It's one thing to have a few episodes of Martin and etc, but the whole entire day of them shyts:mindblown:? It's a shame that most of these channels haven't adapt at all to this new generation:shaq2:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
maybe it's just me but the best original programs are on netflix.

most of the shows that i watch outside of that are reruns from 60s,70s,80s, and 90s shows

the mainstream channels suck for the most part...and i don't watch em for anything but sports. :manny:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
maybe it's just me but the best original programs are on netflix.

most of the shows that i watch outside of that are reruns from 60s,70s,80s, and 90s shows

the mainstream channels suck for the most part...and i don't watch em for anything but sports. :manny:
95 percent of Netflix original shows suck