WTF Happened To The American Animation Industry?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
you right. it goes well usually, but the 'reans fukked up parts of black dynamite. sometimes when it works well, the american studio will gave some in korea from here to help when shyt gets lost in translation.

That's where the Indian studios are at an advantage because a lot of them are English speakers thanks to good ol' Britannic imperialism.

Edit: But I've always wondered how that worked too but it all seems to translate most of the time. I had a Simpsons DVD and Matt Groening was talking about sending their shyt overseas and how long it takes to get an episode done. shyt was crazy to me.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
That's where the Indian studios are at an advantage because a lot of them are English speakers thanks to good ol' Britannic imperialism.

Edit: But I've always wondered how that worked too but it all seems to translate most of the time. I had a Simpsons DVD and Matt Groening was talking about sending their shyt overseas and how long it takes to get an episode done. shyt was crazy to me.
i know korra had an american in the studios, one of my ex teachers worked for disney and part of her job was going of seas to oversee shyt like that.. black dynamite didnt, and there were a few scenes i know about that didnt get animated how the OG studio wanted because of mis-communication, and they had to use still shots.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I blame the fact that the likes of Disney and Warner Bros stop using their own American studios to make quality hand drawn shyt. Now everyone wants to be CGI or poorly made shytty animation. What happened to the likes of Batman TAS/JLU/ Gargoyles/ Young Justice type of animation?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I go back and watch my Tiny Toons crew on Youtube, I sighed thinking about all those American cartoons/animation we grew up on as 90s kids, are extinct :to:
I hate the new 3D TMNT/Batman shyt now:scusthov:

The only recent American cartoons that still looks like what I grew up watching is Regular Show and Total Drama Island :skip:

But, I'm an adult now, so I only feast :eat: on animes :ahh:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Yall are still in the dark about globalization. Everyone is shipping jobs overseas because you can get high quality work done for cheap prices. You think these corporations want to pay a fleet of artists with 100k salaries? :russ:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
When I go back and watch my Tiny Toons crew on Youtube, I sighed thinking about all those American cartoons/animation we grew up on as 90s kids, are extinct :to:
I hate the new 3D TMNT/Batman shyt now:scusthov:

The only recent American cartoons that still looks like what I grew up watching is Regular Show and Total Drama Island :skip:

But, I'm an adult now, so I only feast :eat: on animes :ahh:

Most Tiny Toons animation was done outside of the US because they worked with several animation studios. This shyt has been standard practice for a long time. The only people who animate their shyt in-house are usually small places who don't mind footing the bill. WB is not one of those places, haha.

I heard about Paramount doing their own with budgets in the 100 million range which shows you how much it costs to produce them shyts here in America. shyt's kinda crazy when you first read about it and you're outside of the industry.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Its all about money. Japan pumps money into anime because both kids and adults love that shyt. Pokemon and One Piece movies we just view as filler junk sells out movie theaters there. One Piece anime here cant even stay on the air but in Japan its a major prime time show.

I thought Justice League Unlimited was pretty good but apparently not enough people watched that either.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean compare this to modern american cartoons (flash animations)

look at the sheer effort put into this :ohlawd:

Look at Japans actual film industry though. Anime exists as an alternative to film for them. Thats why alot of it is adult oriented.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I blame the fact that the likes of Disney and Warner Bros stop using their own American studios to make quality hand drawn shyt. Now everyone wants to be CGI or poorly made shytty animation. What happened to the likes of Batman TAS/JLU/ Gargoyles/ Young Justice type of animation?

Them shows were made in korea also