WSJ: Spotify spent over $1 Billion on podcasts. Its not working

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The same people saying "There are too many podcasts" are the same people who hates the Big media networks having such a monopoly on which stories get publicized and which stories get buried, and the constant propaganda they spew

Can't have it both ways

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Too many pods chasing too few ears Z list celebrities think what they got to say is that interesting.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Isnt this the same company that gave that white supremacist anti black bigot joe rogan a huge multimillion dollar deal? i could care less about spotify, i rather they lose revenue enabling and wont be losing any sleep at their irrelevance . You gave someone who called black people apes and the n word on tape millions of dollars, screw you spotify

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
What was that? I was too busy recording my podcast

Exactly.

First — people don’t want to fuçkin go to Spotify for podcasts even tho it ain’t shít for them to carve out space for it. But it feels forced and sloppily integrated on the platform.

Next, one Joe Rogan cant save all of the rest of these trash podcasters they put on the squad. Maybe he can recoup but the rest can’t

Then, folks aren’t paying a subscription because of a damn podcast — they want MUSIC!!!!

Also, every díckhead with a mic and laptop is suddenly a content creator and 98% of it SUCKS. Who wants to listen to “ummms”, “likes” and vocal frys for an hour on Spotify when I could be listening to MUSIC!!!

If I have a choice to listen to some bozos wack voice or some damn Mariah Carey remixes in a playlist and then Astroworld, I’m choosing MUSIC!!!!

Also, alot of these podcasters and their content SUCKS!!!!!

The market is oversaturated like illegal immgrants flooding the border. But at least you can make use of these fuçkin migrants

Last edited:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
im-846003
raw :ahh:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Anything that releases every week will eventually become boring. Like others have said barriers to entry are too low and it’s just Twitter in mp3 form at this point.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Not being in the office full time really took away from listening to podcasts for me. There’s a few on my list now, but when I was in the office I was on it heavy.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
which ones u listen to
Really all of the Tenderfoot TV shyt … the Monster series especially the Atlanta Child Murders one was really insightful and well done … one of the more thorough expositions of that story… listening to Freeway Phantom now

Radio Rental is fire too ..just all real life horror stories

The Root of Evil about the alleged real Black Dhalia murderer/doctor is crazy as fukk too

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Really all of the Tenderfoot TV shyt … the Monster series especially the Atlanta Child Murders one was really insightful and well done … one of the more thorough expositions of that story… listening to Freeway Phantom now

Radio Rental is fire too ..just all real life horror stories

The Root of Evil about the alleged real Black Dhalia murderer/doctor is crazy as fukk too

That show Mindhunter on Netflix delves into the Atlanta Child Murders, the acting is very good. I'll check these out.