then when taker hit that gogoplata out of nowhere had me like

b5CMYo.gif

shyt was epic brehs :thumbsup:

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
:laugh: The only good matches were a ladder spot fest and HBK/Flair. Mayweather was a spectacle match that worked cause he's the best.

Edge and Taker was boring. The triple threat was forgettable and no one ever brings it up and that says alot going by who was in it. Finaly/JBL was decent and everything else was just there.

The last decent Mania was 23 and the last good one was 22. After that :scusthov:
now you're just being contrarian

Seriously you take WM 23 of all shows over 24? You at least mentioned the "spectacle" of Mayweather/Show and HBK/Flair. Meanwhile, 23's only notable match was Benoit/MVP :heh:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
now you're just being contrarian

Seriously you take WM 23 of all shows over 24? You at least mentioned the "spectacle" of Mayweather/Show and HBK/Flair. Meanwhile, 23's only notable match was Benoit/MVP :heh:
Don't know what you're talking about. Cena/HBK>Edge/Taker, Batista/Taker>>>Triple Threat, plus the MITB was way better. Lashley/Umaga was just as big as Mayweather/Show too.

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Don't know what you're talking about. Cena/HBK>Edge/Taker, Batista/Taker>>>Triple Threat, plus the MITB was way better. Lashley/Umaga was just as big as Mayweather/Show too.
Nah no way. The one thing people remember from Cena/HBK was that streaker. Shawn and John had a TV match like a month later that shyt all over that one.

And at least the WM24 Triple Threat wasnt a foregone conclusion like Batista/Taker :mjpls:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Nah no way. The one thing people remember from Cena/HBK was that streaker. Shawn and John had a TV match like a month later that shyt all over that one.

And at least the WM24 Triple Threat wasnt a foregone conclusion like Batista/Taker :mjpls:
I don't remember a streaker but I do remember the crowd actually be involved in that match instead of Edge/Taker where they were real quiet at times.

All Taker Mania matches are predictable. Doesn't stop HBK and HHH stans from claiming they are the greatest of all time and shyt :laugh: Batista/Taker literally stole the show because no one thought it would be that good and it was match of the night.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh

WM 23's MITB was not better than 24's. Too many guys were booked in it, and too many of them don't fit in a ladder match. Mayweather vs. Show was a pure entertainment match that worked.. Umaga vs. Lashley was awful.. and the whole storyline around it was :scusthov:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
WM 23's MITB was not better than 24's. Too many guys were booked in it, and too many of them don't fit in a ladder match. Mayweather vs. Show was a pure entertainment match that worked.. Umaga vs. Lashley was awful.. and the whole storyline around it was :scusthov:
There was like one more guy in 23 than 24 :laugh:

Plus Jeffy Hardy leg dropping Edge through a ladder>>>anything that happened at 24 mitb. I remember people being disappointed that it wasn't as good as it should have been considering who was in it but I guess now we can rewrite things :laugh:

And the Trump/McMahon/Austin storyline carried that show to be the highest bought Mania at the time so even if some thought it was bad it obviously worked :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
There was like one more guy in 23 than 24 :laugh:

Plus Jeffy Hardy leg dropping Edge through a ladder>>>anything that happened at 24 mitb. I remember people being disappointed that it wasn't as good as it should have been considering who was in it but I guess now we can rewrite things :laugh:

And the Trump/McMahon/Austin storyline carried that show to be the highest bought Mania at the time so even if some thought it was bad it obviously worked :manny:

Yeah, it worked for people who aren't watching for wrestling.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Shawn and John had a TV match like a month later that shyt all over that one.

Especially after Cena walked his way thru the WM match.

Plus Jeffy Hardy leg dropping Edge through a ladder>>>anything that happened at 24 mitb.

Matt had him do it to get revenge on Edge, took them both out and he still lost the match. :snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

I don't remember a nanosecond of the actual lashley vs. umaga match and I was there live. I just remember umaga's music being dope live, I remember stonecold's music making me mark out like a kid, and I remember the ending part taking FOREVER.

The best thing about 23 live was still UNDERTAKER'S ENTRANCE

YOU KNEW batista was gonna DIE when that gong hit...hard to describe