Wrestlemania 24 was REALLY damn good in retrospect

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The roster was full of stars, the set was incredible..maybe my favorite ever, the main event was a double streak match that didn't seem forced, and it was flairs last match EVER. Every match felt important in general.

• 1 John "Bradshaw" Layfield defeated Finlay (with Hornswoggle) Belfast Brawl
  • 2 CM Punk defeated Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Carlito, Montel Vontavious Porter, Mr. Kennedy, and John Morrison - Money in the Bank ladder match 13:55 - this went HARD and I was rooting for Kennedy big time here. Glad he lost in retrospect because he would go on to BILLY GUNN his MITB win.
  • 3 Batista (representing Smackdown) defeated Umaga (representing Raw) - Battle for Brand Supremacy 07:06 - stupid reason but it was a brawl match that the 'brand suprememcy' angle was actually built up well.
  • 4 Kane defeated Chavo Guerrero (c) Singles match for the ECW Championship 0:11 - :heh: chavo's wrestlemania moment.
  • 5 Shawn Michaels defeated Ric Flair - Career Threatening Match 20:23 - GOAT ending and a great carry job by HBK.
  • 6 Beth Phoenix and Melina (with Santino Marella) defeated Maria and Ashley. Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjill match 05:56 - Snoop dogg and his presence made this seem more imporant than typical divas riff raff. And beth and melina were decent at the time
  • 7 Randy Orton (c) defeated John Cena and Triple H - Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship 14:09 - :blessed: need i say more
  • 8 Floyd Mayweather defeated The Big Show by knockout - No Disqualification match; decided by either knockout or submission 11:36 That first interaction between the two was GOLD. one of the best moments in raw history...the match was jokes but served its purpose. Mayweather and WWE need to cross paths again. Make it happen trips.
  • 9 The Undertaker defeated Edge (c) (with Vickie Guerrero, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder) by submission - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship 23:50 - One of taker's best title matches ever and great across the board.

This is maybe the best of the era IMO. :youngsabo:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a great show to me even when it happened. Main event was overrated to me and not that memorable outside of a lot of kick outs, BUT

Floyd vs Big Show was dope, definition of storytelling in a match. It gets overlooked how much people MARKED OUT for the first Floyd/Show segment, as in, they thought it was REAL.

Flair vs HBK was classic

Triple threat was good, fast-paced

This money in the bank was one of the few I remember standing out

and the GOAT set. All the matches had good buildups too, outside of Floyd vs Show and Vince thinking he'd turn Floyd face (or just being unaware of him).

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:laugh: The only good matches were a ladder spot fest and HBK/Flair. Mayweather was a spectacle match that worked cause he's the best.

Edge and Taker was boring. The triple threat was forgettable and no one ever brings it up and that says alot going by who was in it. Finaly/JBL was decent and everything else was just there.

The last decent Mania was 23 and the last good one was 22. After that :scusthov:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah. Mayweather and Taker's main event is probably the only things anyone remembers about it off hand. Flair's match has been b*stardized by his own actions. So that didn't work out right for history. But Mayweather being a heel to the fans and them getting into it and using the brass knucks on Big Show with that punch was a LEGIT GIF moment of that year.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I enjoyed Taker/Edge. I thought it was a good match and worthy of being the main event. HBK/Flair was good but VASTLY overrated on the IWC. MITB was good as well. Mayweather/Big Show was fun and good business, Umaga/Batista was thrown together a couple weeks before the PPV and was a 5 minute match worthy of being on a Sunday Night Heat preshow...horrible booking, but overall everything was pretty good but nothing really stood out as great imo. The highlight of the entire weekend was Rock hosting the HOF ceremony, i bought the Wrestlemania 24 Blu-ray just off the strength of that.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
:laugh: The only good matches were a ladder spot fest and HBK/Flair. Mayweather was a spectacle match that worked cause he's the best.

Edge and Taker was boring. The triple threat was forgettable and no one ever brings it up and that says alot going by who was in it. Finaly/JBL was decent and everything else was just there.

The last decent Mania was 23 and the last good one was 22. After that :scusthov:

Thats...about as pessimistic a view as I can imagine :ld:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Wrestlemania 24 was pretty good, especially the spot when JBL threw that trash can at Hornswoggle as hard as he could.

iyVy6GECYgsoQ.gif