Wouldnt The NBA Be More Exciting Without The Charging Rule

AirJiggaMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can't handcheck anymore, hence a lot more penetration by fast little guards, and as a result the only way to defend is to take a charge.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you need charges, but some of that shyt is wack

dudes don't even attempt to stop their man, they just try to slide under them and hope for charges

most players get called for charges when they aren't even out of control....somebody just slid under them

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pippen made this sh1t popular... but at least he took legit charges.
Nowadays, nikkaz flop all over the place on the slightest contact.

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You should have to be in position for the charge for like one full second. You cant just slide in front of someone and expect them to stop. Momentum will carry them forward a little bit. If they standing there for a whole second maybe it would even it out a lil?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'd extend the charge circle by another foot, force the bigs to challenge shots at the rim, but at the same time I'd allow more contact at the rim to ensure these pansies don't try to flop their way into getting the bigs in foul trouble.

guys like nick collison don't even attempt to play defense. they just slide under players (usually after they've already left the ground) and hope the ref calls a charge

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You should have to be in position for the charge for like one full second. You cant just slide in front of someone and expect them to stop. Momentum will carry them forward a little bit. If they standing there for a whole second maybe it would even it out a lil?
I think that actually is the rule, you are not supposed to slide under a player.

Problem is these guys move so fast that its hard for refs to tell. Duke have been doing this for ages where they just slide under a guy going to the basket. Thats BS and not a charge.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think that actually is the rule, you are not supposed to slide under a player.

Problem is these guys move so fast that its hard for refs to tell. Duke have been doing this for ages where they just slide under a guy going to the basket. Thats BS and not a charge.

right, rare that a defender is actually set when they draw a charge

thats a typical charge call. arthur is under control and collison is still moving after arthur planted his feet and left the floor

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
I, too, hate the "draw a charge" play....it's the most p*ssy play in basketball. But I see it's necessity. I just wish they made it more broad, like if it's obvious the defender is there and takes the contact, then call a charge, but if the defender clearly slides in at the last minute, then call a block and if it's too close to call, then don't call it...players will adapt.

And I know we all hate flopping, but I also detest players who throw their body around after legit fouls. like the defender absorbs a little contact and then throws his body back in a mechanical motion..fukk that, stand and fight!