Would you trade Black professional athletes success/income in the U.S. for Black ppl being at the top of the wealth chain?

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Very hypothetical, but me and a couple of the homeboys were having this discussion and the answer a few of them gave was disappointing. The dudes that replied "no" just made me:snoop:

A lot of us are the worst when it comes to athletes/celebrity worship.

I wouldn't give a fukk if the NBA and NFL was all white dudes if Black ppl as a whole were at the top of the wealth chart:heh:

I should've known what I was in for trying to have such a discussion with dudes who bought $300 in liquor to celebrate Lamar Jackson signing his contract:mjlol:

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Immediately. Black folks as a whole at the highest ladder of society means that the ordinary, average black person will benefit and will be favored in every way (economically, politically , personally, financially, socially, etc. )

Only the athletes with exceptional talent, family background, training, hard work, discipline and genetics manage to reach the NBA/NFL. They represent a very very tiny minority of the worlds population.

There are 450 players in the nba. 15 players by team, 15 (players )X 30 (teams) = 450 players in the entire league.

There are 1696 players in the NFL. There’s 32 teams in the league, and each NFL team has 53 man rosters. So 53 x32 =1696 players.

So there’s 2146 players in both leagues[NBA and NFL] in total.

The NFL is 70% Black, the NBA is 75% Black. So that means there are 337 black players out of 450 players in the NBA and 1187 black players out of 1696 in the NFL
So there is actually 1537 Black players in both leagues.

How many out of these 1537 Black players in both professional sports leagues are actually superstars/franchise players/face of the league type athletes?
And are paid accordingly?
Between 50 and 100 at the most.

You see it’s not because Bron, Curry, Embiid, Mahomes, Saquon Barkley, Jalen Hurts, and Lamar Jackson are eating very well that every player in the nba and the nfl is eating like them. The superstars receive most of the money and the average and fringe players fight for what’s left. Sports Superstars, with the help of their agents dictate the terms and lengths of every contract they negotiate and sign. These athletes are the only few fortunate ones to be in a position of force in the ruthless world of professional sports. They control their destiny on their terms, because they have exceptional/world class talent and they use it as leverage.

Especially in the NFL. Because for most players in the NFL, with the exception of
superstars at key offensive positions (Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Tightend, Running back) contracts are not fully guaranteed, it's rare that a contract's guarantee structure equals the average value of the deal, making it even less likely a player will see his full contract. Guarantees can help us better understand how much “real” money is in a deal.

So I prefer to see millions and millions of our fellow black brothers and sisters winning and thriving than only having 100 or so elite black athletes making hundreds of millions. I prefer to see most of us wealthy and healthy rather than only 100 of us.

Last edited:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks are constantly under attack. Not surprising they would want reprieve. But yes, this can be done.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Could've had both with the Negro Leagues

Facts.

41qo1qt3SCL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Washington-Bears-1943.jpg

But white ice is colder

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
As much as Black people complain about the Boule, I don't see how it would be any better. Now if these top Black wealth leaders were actual captains of industry, then yes. But rich to be rich, nah I'm good. It's fine the way it is.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
OP, if you're having a discussion among friends, can't be mad at the takes and answers. In fact, if you're sandbox buddies from way back, you know their answers before they say them.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Being pushed into entertainment is a sign of second class citizenry/bottom caste stratification

The strongest men in the world, closest example to being real super soldiers are being funneled—since childhood— into touching balls for a living instead of being warriors. And the money being made from that is being funneled into empowering race soldiers who can now kill you in your home with impunity. And when they are CTE’d out they are thrown away and rendered non threatening.