Would You Accept Being the 6th Man

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
my stats would be so lovely playing against bums ... and id be in the last 4 minutes of the 4th hell yeah id take that spot

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
why not, as long as youre not a superstar no one cares whether you start or not. its just a formality.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
If I was in a James Harden type position where I'm good enough to start and one of the best three players on the team, but I'm still getting plenty of minutes and finishing games, but I'm not actually a superstar-level Top 20 player in the league, then I can come off of the bench.

But if I'm in an Allen Iverson position where I was at one point arguably the best in the game but the coach wants me to come off of the bench for Mike Conley? I can't even blame homey for not wanting to come off of the bench.
Dude was lucky to be offered a contract at that point, different situation completely

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I was in a James Harden type position where I'm good enough to start and one of the best three players on the team, but I'm still getting plenty of minutes and finishing games, but I'm not actually a superstar-level Top 20 player in the league, then I can come off of the bench.

But if I'm in an Allen Iverson position where I was at one point arguably the best in the game but the coach wants me to come off of the bench for Mike Conley? I can't even blame homey for not wanting to come off of the bench.

Perhaps Harden could be a superstar on another team. The fact is he accepts his role and contributes thats all you can ask for.

Allen Iverson is just dumb. If he was as nice as he thought he was he could have easily eaten out Conley and got the starting job and a far more lucrative contract the following season and could possibly still be starting today. Instead, he pouted. Memphis & philly have gone on to succeed without him and he's playing not a pint of shrimp lo mein.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Nah too much pride...id rather get starters minutes alongside The Proffeser in And 1 or ball the night away in Chile on courts made of mud...then to back up sum scrub who u overpaid or a rookie

Lol no surprise that dumb posters coming with that Iverson/loser mentality.

Don't think I forgot about that "Any team would be lucky to win a single game against the Lakers" sig, buddy. I got that shyt in my back pocket. :shaq:

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
Perhaps Harden could be a superstar on another team. The fact is he accepts his role and contributes thats all you can ask for.

Allen Iverson is just dumb. If he was as nice as he thought he was he could have easily eaten out Conley and got the starting job and a far more lucrative contract the following season and could possibly still be starting today. Instead, he pouted. Memphis & philly have gone on to succeed without him and he's playing not a pint of shrimp lo mein.

:scusthov:

For the topic though Id be like :mjpls: think about it a lil bit :ehh: then its time to feast on 2nd units :lolbron:

Vlazz

Rookie
Daps
Even Harden says he wants to be a starter. No man in his prime wants to permanently accept a role on the bench.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Is Jesus Shuttlesworth gonna have to Latrell Sprewell a coach? :wtb:

fukk no I ain't coming off the bench! I'm not even coming out the game! Even at halftime I'd be out there shooting half court shots and playing HORSE with the mascot.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol no surprise that dumb posters coming with that Iverson/loser mentality.

Don't think I forgot about that "Any team would be lucky to win a single game against the Lakers" sig, buddy. I got that shyt in my back pocket. :shaq:

You opened your big fat mouth too soon...is it gon hurt any less when u watch that title get hoisted lol...I'm glad we didn't sweep these battles only make us stronger for the next round...I wat your clown azz on record...or we or or we not going to make it to the nba finals....loser leaves the coli til next season:win:

Daps
I could accept the Ginobli/Harden role because its more about how many minutes you play than being the starter