Would I be dumb to quit an office job and work with a non-career job until..

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
i figure out what I want in life?

I just want to work 9-5, go to gym and come home to the video game, wifey and the family :manny:

I'm over tryna build up my career and status in society, we all gone die anyways and none of that shyt gonna matter :snoop:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
what do you do anyways gator?

I write for a newspaper.

I was at a smaller paper and thought that I wanted to be the reporter of the century and I thought the only way to do that was to keep moving up to bigger and better papers, but now, I realize I hate the fast-pace, business of it and rather work 9-5 and NOT think about work outside of work. That drains me :sadbron:

SO, now I'm stuck at a job that is a better company, higher pay and more serious paper, but I don't like it. I been here 4 weeks, today is my 5th week.

I rather just not be stressed, write my shyt and bounce :yeshrug:

This is the career for me anymore, mane :snoop:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
People with modest ambitions and modest lifestyles seem to be the less stressed and happiest people I know. All of this working to make it big just doesnt pay out for most people.

Truuuuuuuuuuu

I thought its what I wanted...fukk climbing the ladder...not worth it.

I rather have a laid back gig and just live my life how I want, man.

Sucks I just now realized this shyt though :beli:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell me about this "wifey". Is this a new chick, or the same chick you've been trying to dump for the last 4 months?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I write for a newspaper.

I was at a smaller paper and thought that I wanted to be the reporter of the century and I thought the only way to do that was to keep moving up to bigger and better papers, but now, I realize I hate the fast-pace, business of it and rather work 9-5 and NOT think about work outside of work. That drains me :sadbron:

SO, now I'm stuck at a job that is a better company, higher pay and more serious paper, but I don't like it. I been here 4 weeks, today is my 5th week.

I rather just not be stressed, write my shyt and bounce :yeshrug:

This is the career for me anymore, mane :snoop:
i remember i use to work for my campus' newspaper while i was in college as the arts and entertainment editor. i'm sure what you're doing now is more complicated compared to what i was doing but i was pretty sure after handling staff writers (college level staff writers at that), having to assign stories, edit them, lay them out and sometimes even write my own stories, i was pretty sure i didn't want to work in the journalism industry...

there's just something stale about working at a newspaper. i think because it's like a desk job unless you're out their writing stories. as an editor, it was just difficult, especially dealing with college students and trying to get them to do their jobs. it was almost a 24/7 thing because i'd have to stay on their asses all the time and make sure they'd submit their stories within a reasonable time period so i wouldn't have to stay up till 2am on monday morning editing and laying out my section...

so, in short, i feel you. i've experience a little of that...

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Tell me about this "wifey". Is this a new chick, or the same chick you've been trying to dump for the last 4 months?

It's my hypothetical wifey if I ever get one

I cut off my ex last week, fock her.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
would make since if you decided to go back to school. not sure if its a good idea to quit your job unless you already kow what you wanna do.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Breh, you just gotta treat your job and some shyt you do for 1/3 rd of the day til you can go do other shyt.

nikkas be getting too caught up in they job and forget that it's not their life...it's just something they do to support the life they wanna live.