Worst you seen a Black person "switch up" for a White boss or person?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We get a hard time from our peers for using a *white voice* but i even hear cacs put that EXTRA cac voice on when they're on certain phone calls. Theres a time and a place for ertain ways of speech. I guess people sound more bytch and proper when they need something and more assertive when they're negotiating, especially when they have the advantag.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing wrong with switching up, I do that shyt all the time. If you have other motives

I have a friend who is black served as vp to two older white guys, man they would make this nikka do all this traveling and work for them.... MY G did it with a smile on his face..... learned the insides, they didnt think he would start his own DOD company but BAM he did! took all the consultants with him too for higher pay. Those white dudes would buy foreign cars while MY G was saving money plotting since day one.
He's nigerian so being fake was natural, my naija people say I'm too real and honesty won't get you far in the corporate world. And they are right I've been lying my ass off acting fake as hell. And I'm getting where I need to be. Feels good to bullshyt bullshytters.

Yep that is how you play the game. You got to keep shyt in your back pocket and be plotting like Nat Turner.

Jokers just don't like when black folks will purposely kiss only white folks ass or call them sir or ma'am. Now if you a kat that works in corporate America and treat everyone with respect then that ain't tap dancing.

If you say yes sir to the VP and then say yes ma'am to the older sista that is the admin and been there for 35 years. That just shows you are respectful of your elders or people that you work with. There is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We get a hard time from our peers for using a *white voice* but i even hear cacs put that EXTRA cac voice on when they're on certain phone calls. Theres a time and a place for ertain ways of speech. I guess people sound more bytch and proper when they need something and more assertive when they're negotiating, especially when they have the advantag.

Most black professionals put on the white voice. Hell many are taught that at a young age.

I remember as a kid me and my play sister who was Mexican called a local pizza place and made an order. These clowns told us they did not deliver in out area. Which was a lie and we stayed two blocks away.

My mom tells us look you kids are doing this the wrong way. These bigots in this area think you stay in the projects. You got to put the white voice on them. Called back got a different person on the phone and used the white voice.

Pizza was delivered in 20 minutes.

It is a shame it is like that, but black folks know they have been able to get over many times using the white voice.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Most black professionals put on the white voice. Hell many are taught that at a young age.

I remember as a kid me and my play sister who was Mexican called a local pizza place and made an order. These clowns told us they did not deliver in out area. Which was a lie and we stayed two blocks away.

My mom tells us look you kids are doing this the wrong way. These bigots in this area think you stay in the projects. You got to put the white voice on them. Called back got a different person on the phone and used the white voice.

Pizza was delivered in 20 minutes.

It is a shame it is like that, but black folks know they have been able to get over many times using the white voice.
Its the language of business. But you dont have to take the bass out of your voice or sound like a fukking faggit to get respect. My voice is permanently corporatized but ill be damned if i sound like a bashful fakkit to get something.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its the language of business. But you dont have to take the bass out of your voice or sound like a fukking faggit to get respect. My voice is permanently corporatized but ill be damned if i sound like a bashful fakkit to get something.

I agree. I just don't want these young kats on here to think putting on the corporate voice means you a sell out. You can't use the language you use at home when you handling business.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I am a big strong Black man who is successful in my business and I never had to be anything less than myself. My mother was an English major/writer, so I always spoke 'proper' whether it was aroung Blacks, whites etc. But to succeed in business long heavy hitters have more respect for you if you are a straight shooter. I even stopped hiding my Newark/EO accent which I used to do unconsciously when I was younger. But you don't want to sound like Future in a business meeting either though.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am a big strong Black man who is successful in my business and I never had to be anything less than myself. My mother was an English major/writer, so I always spoke 'proper' whether it was aroung Blacks, whites etc. But to succeed in business long heavy hitters have more respect for you if you are a straight shooter. I even stopped hiding my Newark/EO accent which I used to do unconsciously when I was younger. But you don't want to sound like Future in a business meeting either though.

Exactly that is all I am saying. My mom was a kid that was raised in private school and her mom was an English teacher. So she was also hard on me and my siblings about using proper words.

But my mom and dad both were corporate folks and showed me how to play the game. It also helped that I was born and raised in an affluent neighborhood so as a black person during those days you had to use corporate talk because those yuppies were quick to do racist shyt to you. Just as I explained with the pizza delivery example (hell I got a million more examples of that shyt).

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm the same Real African in the cubicle when the Boss is there or not:ehh:

...ever notice Cac00ns that tapdance the hardest is still scoff at by Massa Boss, tho:mjpls:

But, that's the AmeriKKKa I know:sas2:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see it all the time, that's why its important to be an entrepreneur

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
Stop saying that sounding white = sounding proper. I can say "shut up bytch" and sound black and I can say "shut up bytch" and sound white.

Grammar usage and sentence structure has little to do with what people perceive as "sounding black" vs. "sounding white." It is the tone and pitch of the voice.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop saying that sounding white = sounding proper. I can say "shut up bytch" and sound black and I can say "shut up bytch" and sound white.

Grammar usage and sentence structure has little to do with what people perceive as "sounding black" vs. "sounding white." It is the tone and pitch of the voice.

This is very true. The crazy part about this is in America black folks have had to do both at times.

I can remember times where I have called up a place and put on my professional voice and asked for something and the people at the place will say no we don't have such and such. Call back and put on a white voice and suddenly the place has what I want. I can't how many times I have had to do this shyt on Chicago and Mississippi. Damn shame black folks have to do this mess.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I can think of one off top: being in line after a White person in certain places and the Black cashier says: "good morning, etc.. how can I help you, have a good day :smile:" then when I'm up it's just plain "how can I help you?:stopitslime::ld:" It doesn't always happen (I've even had Black workers hook me up just because I'm Black) but I'm very perceptive of things like that. These days, I just laugh about it though. Like:mjlol: they still think you're a n**ger just like me b. :francis:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
2023 update. Went to a soul food restaurant. Order my food and the owner told me it would take 15 minutes. Had 2 white boys and a Latin girl (I think) behind me. I come back and one of the 2 white boys had food before me. I'm confused but maybe their food food was easier to fix.

Or so I thought. The Latin girl had the exact order as me. But the 3 of them got food before me. 5 minutes later I finally got my order. And this koon response "Sorry for the wait. Thanks for your patience bruh". Ngga! 15 minutes turned into 30 minutes. All because you wanna kiss up to these white customers.