Worst gaming gimmicks?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
  • B2P- when it's just a starter pack to the real P2W (Black Desert Online):francis:
  • Procedurally Generated- shytty marketing ploy to make gamers believe that there's unlimited amounts of content, but it's pretty much the same content with different color coating :francis:
  • Random Generated Quests- Same thing but not as shytty (I actually like/dislike this gimmick):ehh:
  • "Explore"- Another word for "we don't have depth content beyond you doing shyt yourself"

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This.:mjlol:

VR comes in and crush the building
Hold up...

Let's not use "crush the buildings" in vein.

It might be cool but, breh, crush the buildings is reserved for some shyt that is now and will always be at the tip of someone's tongue w/ respect to what's hot in gaming.

VR has been out...it is 2018 and we aren't talking about Spiderman VR...we are talking about Spiderman w/ a controller and a tv.

-------------------------------------------------------

Worst gaming gimmicks?

Those toys that are available to buy and give you content when you display it on a gaming device.

Because of the potential it had and ultimately failing at even being a servicable media device... Kinect.

Microtransactions.

Fetch mission. fukk those.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Hold up...

Let's not use "crush the buildings" in vein.

It might be cool but, breh, crush the buildings is reserved for some shyt that is now and will always be at the tip of someone's tongue w/ respect to what's hot in gaming.

VR has been out...it is 2018 and we aren't talking about Spiderman VR...we are talking about Spiderman w/ a controller and a tv.

-------------------------------------------------------

Worst gaming gimmicks?

Those toys that are available to buy and give you content when you display it on a gaming device.

Because of the potential it had and ultimately failing at even being a servicable media device... Kinect.

Microtransactions.

Fetch mission. fukk those.

:whoa:I actually like those. Even though it's a lazy dev attempt to stretching out content, it works in MMOs to gain some quick XP or some currency.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:whoa:I actually like those. Even though it's a lazy dev attempt to stretching out content, it works in MMOs to gain some quick XP or some currency.
No, I understand you a little.

My thing is, make the narrative or the short story related to that fetch mission actually WANT me to do it.

Assasin's Creed Origins kind of set up a nice foundation. I cared about the main character and there were missions that made me motivated to complete the fetch mission:

A poor farmer family approached me about there woes, trying to survive in a brutal existence and tragically invaded by deadly hippos that literally disseminated their whole family. You could see the bodies in the distance as well as the hippos.

They asked me to recover the bodies so they could at least honor them with a proper burial.

shyt like that isn't lazy developer creativity. It was annoying but I felt fulfilled doing it.

Thoughts?