Worse 2010/2020s hiphop trend? (Autotune Melody Rap, Mumble Rap or the entire world bitin Drill Rap)

Worst part of 2010-2020 hiphop music?

• Rappers autotune singing on every singing track

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • mumble rap over lo fi beats

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • New York, Philly, UK and the entire world copying Chicago's Drill Rap scene

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • The Rise of Thot rap

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Easily the first one. It’s just far far too many people doing it. Seems like it’s just the default flow for dudes that can’t come up with anything else (or are incapable of doing so). I guarantee that if you picked 10 random rappers who you have never heard of before and listened to their music, 8 of them would be squealing in autotune or badly harmonizing without autotune. They can’t rap, and they can’t legitimately sing, so the autotune harmonizing masks both. I can only imagine what that sounds like in a live setting.

Now that I think about it....It mainly be the male rappers that be using that auto tune shyt. Most of the new crop of female rappers either don’t use it at all or they use it subtly but they never be OD with it.

Last edited:

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
melodic autotune rap

shyt is RnB or Pop music at that point
You can make "mumble rap" and still keep it hip hop

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that melodic auto tune rapping is like nails on a chalkboard for me. That dude on Til the War Is One with Nas didn’t even have whack lyrics or anything it’s just the delivery is trash to me.