World of Warcraft-The War Within Announcement (2024)

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new Season of Discovery was my favorite thing they announced and it comes out in a few weeks . I dont play classic at all but I'm rdy this new season .

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
WoW still popping like that? :patrice:

I haven't played since BC, I wonder if I could recover my old account or if it's even worth it.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You in a guild and all that stuff?

Nah lol. I tried so many guilds and the moment I see the following:

• Chill
  • Discord
  • Mythic
  • Laid Back
  • Old Gods
Red flags automatically because its just going to be a bunch of dead silence, scheduled raids that never happen, and people leaving and coming. My guild experience was better in FF14 but that game is too funny style for me :scust:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Played WoW heavy in college, quit shortly after the Panda expansion but I was mentally gone before then. Cataclysm was wack. When Panda was announced there was so much hype that I thought my guild would come back and it would be like the old times. Some folks came back for a few weeks but that's when I had to just admit this shyt will never be the same. You can't compete with nostalgia. My memories from vanilla through WOTLK are what mattered, beyond just the game. Doing a dungeon for the first time, joining a raid guild, doing random ass shyt with friends, staying up to date with the server drama, shooting the shyt with old friends, etc. A slick CG trailer can be cool but I know that game is dead for me because my friends are gone and that shyt don't hit the same anymore.

I used to stay up well past midnight for the daily reset, so I could quickly knock that shyt out the park with friends. My friends list would have people I met all the way back in vanilla. I used to log in and immediately get hit with "hey man thank god we need a tank" messages. That shyt was so cool to me, knowing I was at least a top 10 tank on the server. I used to love just flying around low level zones and giving gold to random low level players. The world felt alive. By Cata, the low level zones were ghost towns. Gone were the days of being about to log off at midnight and seeing that "horde are in Duskwood" message in chat so everyone flies over there to fight. Or those late 2AM moments where you're collecting mats while shooting the breeze with the 1-2 guys who are still online in the guild. I had a blast but that shyt just isn't going to happen again for me.