Women In Hip-Hop

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
:immaletufinishbut:I mean women rapping is cool and all that but they should stick to singing and dancing imo :yeshrug:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
for the most part...I dont fukk w/ female rappers.

Lauryn Hill could have been the one...but we all know how that ended.

Latifah was hella underrated...even though this sounds like Treach wrote it (one of the most underrated in hip hop)...shyt bangs.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
It's a shame that this has to be brought up. You don't ever hear of the reverse. Their definitely has to be misogynist mindset when you could have a female rapper spit the same lyrics with the same delivery as a male and she doesn't get attention, but when said male does it the talent is acknowledged. A situation like this came up with a male friend of mine and he told me that he wasn't paying attention to it because it was a female rapper, so when he automatically hears an indication of a double x chromosome, it's not worthy of his attention.

There needs to be a correction of this in this culture in order for women to get more prominence. I would welcome people in here praising Nicki Minaj over this shyt.

Also can we get some mention of women outside of rapping? I would love to learn more about producers, djs, and the like.

To be a rapper, you gotta have a certain level of aggression on the mic. You can't call yourself an MC if you know that you're soft (word to Phife Dawg) and tbh, most dudes don't want to hear women acting all aggressively. :yeshrug:

As far as producers and DJs go, though, Wondagirl got some fire beats and I hear DJ Duffey is, ahem, pretty cool.