Woman finds out her family photo is being used in hospitals in Kenya

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Sucks to find out your image is being used without your consent. They had to have uploaded a pretty large file somewhere for someone to make a poster size print of it on that display. She says they used a tripod, camera with a timer, no photographer involved.

Last edited:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
:russ:
I don't mean to laugh but that shyt would have me feeling 20 different ways. Like are they serious.

I think something similar happen in the US where they took stock modeling photos and posted it on bus stops for hiv/gay advertisements but they signed off on paperwork so it's different.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't mean to laugh but that shyt would have me feeling 20 different ways. Like are they serious.

I think something similar happen in the US where they took stock modeling photos and posted it on bus stops for hiv/gay advertisements but they signed off on paperwork so it's different.

yo. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:

What would you do first?

It’s looking like an L. Trying to use lawyers for foreign affairs / copyright laws.

hatealot

Banned
Daps

:mjlol:

What would you do first?

It’s looking like an L. Trying to use lawyers for foreign affairs / copyright laws.

Model sues after HIV-positive ad

Upon learning of the publication, [Nolan] became instantly upset and apprehensive that her relatives, potential romantic partners, clients as well as bosses and supervisors might have seen the advertisement,” she says in court papers.

Nolan was not in a committed relationship at the time, her attorney, Erin Lloyd, told The Post.

“Feeling humiliated and embarrassed, [Nolan] was forced to confess to her bosses that her image had been used in an advertisement for HIV services, implying that she was infected with HIV, in a newspaper often used by her own clients for advertising and that is distributed to tens of thousands of New Yorkers every day.”

Daps

I work in the industry, and this absolutely happens. A lot of models don’t have a lot of money, and do stock photo shoots for $150-$500, then the photos can be used over and over again, for anything. Some of them get screwed once they make it, because it can create a product conflict for a potential booking. If you book Pringles, you can’t also have images of your face for Lays. Converse isn’t using the same models as Sketchers, etc.