Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
-d536761f01193f51.jpeg

-a436ac78191f92ea.jpeg

-3f0a63ff7d34e317.jpeg

-note-foto-fixedjpg-89493f034545b86b.jpg

http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn...woman_accused_of_pos.html#incart_river_mobile
-1cd0bd7dda343eb3.jpg

A West Linn woman accused of leaving explicitly racist sticky notes on the front door of her African American neighbor has been charged with intimidation and harassment.

Eva Chapin, 34, told a West Linn officer that she was upset over parking issues and that "she hoped to get a reaction" from the neighbor.

"I'm not a racist but I can see how someone can become hating (racial slur). You did this. There were no (racial slur) in W.L. until u came," one of the notes said.

"I've been here 22 years and no (racial slur) and now you. U made me hate (racial slur) now," another note said.

The neighbor, 47, is from Ghana and a naturalized U.S. citizen who has lived in West Linn for more than 11 years. She could not be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon.

"She was really shocked and disappointed that someone would abuse her in this fashion," said Mark Cogan, a West Linn attorney whose wife is a friend of the victim.

"She finds it disturbing that someone would confront her with this kind of hatred over something as trivial as a parking spot," Cogan said.

Chapin was booked Tuesday on suspicion of harassment and two counts of second-degree intimidation. She will appear in West Linn Municipal Court on May 7.

This isn't Chapin's first brush with the law.

In 2012, she pleaded guilty to drunken driving and reckless driving.

Chapin was arrested after crashing her Volvo station wagon into a street sign and a tree. Police learned that Chapin had left her two preschool-aged children home alone.

Chapin was allowed to enter a diversion program on the drunken driving charge. She was sentenced to five days in jail and two years of probation on the reckless driving charge.

Chapin also faced two counts of second-degree child neglect, but those charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.