With Video Game Prices Going up to 70 dollars, It's about time to embrace the MMO Genre

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
MMOs really waste the fukk out your life. Not because you're playing a video game but because how long and dedicated you have to be to achieve anything in the game. I played mmos during the pandemic lockdowns specifically to waste time. They're also highly addictive. Once the servers go down you don't even have a way of playing again unlike a save file from a standalone game. Years of progress just gone like that.
Yeah no thanks.

True...but gaming in general is a dedication. As long as you have moderation with your time, it's just all of what you make of it. For instance, I'm a huge WOWhead but will never be on some LARPing shyt with it. I play as I go and with the new Dragonflight expansion, it doesn't feel like work because I can do it at my own pace, unless I want to get some damn mount or etc.

Plus, MMOs held it down during the rough periods of my life. I remember spending half of the pandemic trying to kill this boss on Dofus (slept on MMO btw). I threw everything at it including the kitchen sink, but the b*stard didn't budge. So I grind it out and tried to fight him one last time, I damn near got kicked out of the hotel room because I hit Mariah Carey notes killing that dude.

Those types of moments outweigh the typical gaming achievement, because the community is rooting for iyou in the process. Like the time I played FF14 and this jawn (I hope) kept pairing up with me during the dungeon runs. The last fight I had to do, she was all like "yayayyyyyyy!" as I head into battle.

:mjcry:Its majestic friend. But I understand your point of view along with the folks in here. Its not for everybody.