With Red Dead Redemption 2 performance on Xbox One X... Next Gen can wait 3 more years

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Microsoft wants to get another whipping next gen, they can wait but Sony will be realising theirs by 2020.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
None. That’s what I’m saying. Claiming the current consoles CPU is weak cause it can’t do 4K 60fps when high end PC hardware is barely hitting that spec, then expecting a $3-400 box to outperform thousand dollar hardware is people just setting themselves up for disappointment.
You sound like the type of nikka that drives a Toyota Corolla because it "gets the job done"...:mjlol:

Ol I just need it to get me to work broke ass nikka...

PC is the Bugatti of gaming, we all know it's expensive and those of us who can afford it don't give a fukk because we want the best...

All high end PCs hitting real 4K but we all know gaming HW is only as good as the games developed for it...Regardless even a shyt console port still performs better on PC than it does on a console...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You sound like the type of nikka that drives a Toyota Corolla because it "gets the job done"...:mjlol:

Ol I just need it to get me to work broke ass nikka...

PC is the Bugatti of gaming, we all know it's expensive and those of us who can afford it don't give a fukk because we want the best...

All high end PCs hitting real 4K but we all know gaming HW is only as good as the games developed for it...Regardless even a shyt console port still performs better on PC than it does on a console...
fukk does this have to do with anything I said? You retarded breh?:dahell:

Consoles are limited by price.

A $400 console in 2019 will not be much if any more powerful than a $600 console two years earlier.

Don’t know why you went off into your tangent about Toyota’s and Bugatti’s
Name me one mid gen console with at least 10x the GPU and processing power of the entry gen console...

Xbox One S can't even run RDR2 at 1080p...

That shyt is native 920...:mjlol:
no mid gen console in the past has had ANY performance increase. Mid gen hardware refreshes are a new concept.

Don’t even know what you are getting at here, or how that translates into PS5 presumably being equivalent to X1X.

I’ve noticed from talking to you that you have a very poor understanding of the shyt you be talking about.

Go read a book nikka:stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This what people don’t understand. “Next gen” starting anytime soon would be barely more powerful that X1X.

the processors are trash in these consoles. upgraded CPUs alone with a gpu like the one in the X1X would be good.

One that can get a locked 60/4K has to be the minimum. Well should be, but we already know it won't.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The X is "next gen"...

The One and One S got embarrased and destroyed by the PS4 which forced MS to punt this era earlier than expected...

We know this because we've never had a mid gen console with 100x the GPU and processing power...The PS4 pro is litterally a PS4 with an upscaler chip...

PS5 will be the X equivalent...

this is utter nonsense, xbox x was announced the exact same time the 'S' was announced

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the processors are trash in these consoles. upgraded CPUs alone with a gpu like the one in the X1X would be good.

One that can get a locked 60/4K has to be the minimum. Well should be, but we already know it won't.
Good? Yes

Transformative? No

We see from PC, merely having a stronger CPU won’t get you better games, Hell it won,t even get you 60fps on all titles.

Yes the CPUs in the consoles are old, but that fact gets overplayed in these conversations.

The CPUs were deliberately picked to be adequate for this gen in console standards and they’ve more than done the job at this point as we have games like RDR2, HZD, and Forza Horizon 4 still coming out.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Good? Yes

Transformative? No

We see from PC, merely having a stronger CPU won’t get you better games, Hell it won,t even get you 60fps on all titles.

Yes the CPUs in the consoles are old, but that fact gets overplayed in these conversations.

The CPUs were deliberately picked to be adequate for this gen in console standards and they’ve more than done the job at this point as we have games like RDR2, HZD, and Forza Horizon 4 still coming out.

The GPUs are fine, but I want that 60 now!!!! They are what's holding shyt back. :to:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There is no such thing as a “next gen” anymore. It’s all going to be blurred across several years and in some cases a decade+. No more hard splits and will be similar to the what you see on the PC.

Since it’s all on the same architecture you are going to see cases in where games such as cuphead in the future are going to be able to be played on an OG Xbox one and an Xbox 2 or even 3.