With All of PS “exclusives” on PC, AND SWITCH, why buy a PS5?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This post was brought to you by Xbox innovation :blessed:
System wars don't really matter for me: PS5, Switch, X-Box, etc. Just why I think console gaming is less hassle than PC for the average casual.

Being able to game on the run or at least make on-device updates with the Switch opened my eyes to the convenience and how much downtime went into waiting for updates, especially this gen.

Sitting in traffic for an hour ain't so bad when you know you don't got to wait another hour for updates when you get home.

Add in some great games and it's all most people ask for: convenience/efficiency and entertainment.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This post was brought to you by Xbox innovation :blessed:
System wars don't really matter for me: PS5, Switch, X-Box, etc. Just why I think console gaming is less hassle than PC for the average casual.

Being able to game on the run or at least make on-device updates with the Switch opened my eyes to the convenience and how much downtime went into waiting for updates, especially this gen.

Sitting in traffic for an hour ain't so bad when you know you don't got to wait another hour for updates when you get home.

Add in some great games and it's all most people ask for: convenience/efficiency and entertainment.
This ain’t about system wars. This is just acknowledging the various QOL improvements that Xbox has brought to gaming that I’m glad to see other companies adopting.

It’ll be nice if the PC experience also took in these suggestions.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Additionally about consoles: because so much has been abstracted and encapsulated away you're probably safer leaving them connected to the internet while you step away vs your personal computer with your games on it.

I don't mind the PS5 in rest mode on vacation, but I just feel safer completely powering down a PC (and for the PC's health as well esp. if pricey). Having to update all the games when you get back will suck, but at least risk is mitigated.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I notice this too, and I don't really have a high-end machine. I wonder if some of the people not reporting issues just have a large amount of disk space? I notice it gradually eating a few gigabytes as I play the game, up to like ~15 GB after having played for a few hours straight. So i got one really bad crash earlier then uninstalled a few games, but I can still see it gradually eating up space.

I have a 6600 XT card and an R5 3600X CPU. 16GB ram.

this might be a bit of a weird question, but do you have Valorant installed? The anti-cheat made my PC have massive memory leaks, to the point I couldn't play any games without it crashing or slowing massively down.

If you do, uninstall the anti-cheat and see if that helps, it did to me.

Turn on pc

Log into Windows with password you dudes raw dogging straight into windows no protection? :picard:

Wait for Steam to do its 30th daily update.

Sees COD has a 450mb update.

Launch game

Game launches on second screen

Changes refresh rate on Rivatuner one fps below refresh rate of TV.

Wait for shaders to compile.

Get into game

Random BSOD

Dunno I this helps at all, but there is a setting where game compiles shader cache at start, and not on fly. Open setting and search Other Settings, turn Shader setting on and restart the game. Compiling rskes few minutes and you need to do it again when you ugrade GPU drivers.

I ain't got nothing against PC gaming, at all, but there's a lot less surface area for bugs than with consoles. That's just facts and the nature of having a machine that gives you more of a chance to shoot yourself in the foot. The fact a whole other game can affect another game based on the state of your environment/machine is highly annoying. I'm just saying a casual gamer don't want to deal with that, they just want to turn on and game. Until that problem is fixed, consoles ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

My ps5 wasn't working well and someone else had the same problem as me and a database rebuild worked for them. I put it into safe mode and cleared cache to see if that would work but It didn't, so I clicked database rebuild and now it's been stuck for about 12 hours... any ideas?

Reinstall fw or return it

Literally happening to me right now... any success?

Can either of you comment on whether pulling the plug caused any issues? Mines been going for about 13 hours now. I feel like pulling the plug might be a bad idea

Mines sitting at 5 hours after almost 24 hours I'm going to let it sit one more day to see what happens before doing a hard reset

Mine has been sitting for 26 hours. I’m going to try unplugging and chucking it

Hey i have the same thing and i have no idea if i should unplug it or not its been like this for 4 hours and im scared of losing data

am I doing it right? :skip:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I'm going to get a PC eventually.

I got my PS5 after 18 months of trying. I'm not selling it yet.

Sony are making day 1 GAAS coming out on PC that PlayStation owners will have to pay for online. PC owners won't.

That's what you get for blind loyalty.

Because they are:

Literally better on the PS5 in some cases.
Launch 2-3 years earlier.
Buy and play.
No waiting decades to install drivers and other nerdy nonsense.
Not worth the extra thousands you'll have to pay just to match PS5 quality.

Feel free to wait 2-3 years for higher framerate, though. PC gaming is a waste of money and time. Not a single game has taken advantage of extra PC horsepower.

Ratchet PC looks identical to the PS5 version, just has higher framerate..... For thousands of dollars more :russ:

Waste. of. time.

I get a console that cost a 3rd of the price, that plays games that work day one without a million patches to work corrrectly

And no one cares about those GAAS shyts

I can get as detailed as necessary to play a game and jump through a ton of hoops, setup configs, etc. ain't no different from what I do at work.

However, walking over to the controller, hitting the PS button and having the system start with the TV switching to the right source automatically = W.
Console gaming means I can focus on the game itself, not the setup.

The more you encapsulate and hide implementation details the better. That's what consoles do -> allow casuals to get easy access and more time in-game.

It's actually human nature.

Compare:

Prepare computer desk
Boot up computer
Close pop-ups/system notifications when OS loads
Wait for all other processes to sync up
Select program to open game
Deal with another asynchronous system interrupt
Connect controller if needed
Select game
3rd party launcher crashes game

That's more opportunity to not jump into a game.

vs

Sit on couch
See controller
Press PS button
Get into game

Don't even have to look for the TV remote to change sources.

The former probably sounds more like work and a task for a casual person.

I can step into other areas of my house and navigate menus and do the same concurrently on console.

You brehs are making good points…maybe I should grab a ps5 now instead of saving towards a PC :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I get a console that cost a 3rd of the price, that plays games that work day one without a million patches to work corrrectly

And no one cares about those GAAS shyts
Those GAAS games will be the supermajority of what Sony makes going forward so they care.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Those GAAS games will be the supermajority of what Sony makes going forward so they care.

Thats not what they said, 60% -of an increased development budget- doesn’t mean thats the majority of games they are making. They have over 25 games in production, 10 are GAAS. It simply means those games require more resources to get off the ground and keep running

The vast majority of those GAAS titles are coming from newly acquired studios, Haven, Firesprite, Firewalk, Bungie, etc.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats not what they said, 60% -of an increased development budget- doesn’t mean thats the majority of games they are making. They have over 25 games in production, 10 are GAAS. It simply means those games require more resources to get off the ground and keep running

The vast majority of those GAAS titles are coming from newly acquired studios, Haven, Firesprite, Firewalk, Bungie, etc.
It was supposed to be 60% of their overall game development budget not a 60% increase.

Either way we've reached a place where a consumer could buy just a gaming PC and whatever Nintendo puts out and have access to everything. On the Sony side they might have to wait a year or two now (I bet that changes inside of 3 or so years (when they inevitably start tacking on live service components to almost all their output) but 4 or so years ago this wouldn't have been possible even to the degree it is today.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was supposed to be 60% of their overall game development budget not a 60% increase.

Which is from a masssively increased budget…

1-F77-E7-E3-90-ED-484-C-8415-4-D46-FCB20800.jpg

If it were taken presedence over single player games the bar on the right would be the same height a the bar on the left.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Which is from a masssively increased budget…

1-F77-E7-E3-90-ED-484-C-8415-4-D46-FCB20800.jpg

If it were taken presedence over single player games the bar on the right would be the same height a the bar on the left.
Poor sony stan’s still holding on to hope.

When ND has spent the last 5 years working on a GAAS, that should tell you where all of this is headed :wow:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Either way we've reached a place where a consumer could buy just a gaming PC and whatever Nintendo puts out and have access to everything. On the Sony side they might have to wait a year or two now (I bet that changes inside of 3 or so years (when they inevitably start tacking on live service components to almost all their output) but 4 or so years ago this wouldn't have been possible even to the degree it is today.
:what: i just said this on the last page and u got mad at me.

I’m convinced some of you just wanna argue with me:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:what: i just said this on the last page and u got mad at me.

I’m convinced some of you just wanna argue with me:mjlol:
No I said I'm not waiting a couple years to play a game I want to play. I said if you on some stan principal want to do so more power to you.

The reality is Sony will likely in the not too distant future get to matching Xbox's day one on Game Pass and PC release by simply transforming almost all their games into live service games which will justify it from a monetary standpoint. If they're saying by 2025 that 60% of their game development resourses will be dedicated to live service games it's not going to take that much longer for that 40% to continue to go down. Corporations do what makes the most money.