Windows laptop comparable to MacBook

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im not a big fan of Apple, never had the bread to cop one coming up. I was looking for the performance equivalent to the MacBook. Just something that's fast and can handle tasks of a small business owner in the financial space. Did a quick google search and this came up:

I dont know what RAM is, difference between i5 and i7:mjcry:Before i hopped on the tech forums and did some research on what all these terms mean i wanted to hop on here

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Is there any other benefit to using Apple products other than personal preference?

I know some ppl use Macs for editing purposes. But are they stronger and faster than windows?

Their laptops last longer than PC ones in my experience, my 2012 MacBook still runs like it's brand new. Also the chance of you getting a virus on a Mac is very slim because the majority of viruses are made from/for PC devices. I've never got any type of virus/malware ever

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
@NeilCartwright it's personal preference. If you like the interface, that's why you do it.

The hardware in a Mac is not more powerful dollar for dollar compared to a non Mac laptop.

A Lenovo will have more power for less money than a Mac laptop, however because Macintosh have a vertically integrated supply chain where they build it from the grounds up instead of using other people's parts and software, some people make the argument that a Mac performs better with the same system specs than a machine running windows.

The argument that Macs experience less viruses is a little outdated. More accurately, MacOS limits your ability to make yourself vulnerable. It forces updates down your throat and basically idiot proofs your system. A Windows user who updates and scans regularly will have the same security, they just need to be more proactive than Mac.

For your purposes as a "small business owner" it sounds like you are using accounting software? Any other programs?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Ever since Apple abandoned the Motorola PowerPC chips, the hardware is identical, only more expensive on a Mac.
Operating system is personal preference.
Get an i5 or better with an SSD and at least 12 gigs of ram and you'll be good to go.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Their laptops last longer than PC ones in my experience, my 2012 MacBook still runs like it's brand new. Also the chance of you getting a virus on a Mac is very slim because the majority of viruses are made from/for PC devices. I've never got any type of virus/malware ever
My Thinkpad was copped along with my 2012 MBP and my mbp has started to run worse than my Lenovo. Specs were comparable. :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
OP here is the deal. If you’re looking for a laptop to just browse the web, email, and do data entry type shyt.

Get a Windows laptop.

But if you’re a creator or designer and work with a lot of the design programs from Adobe, Sketch, etc.

Get a Macbook

Hopefully that answer your question and simplifies it for you

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
My Thinkpad was copped along with my 2012 MBP and my mbp has started to run worse than my Lenovo. Specs were comparable. :yeshrug:

Yup. I've got a 2013 Lenovo that's going strong as ever.
I did have to swap the hard drive for an SSD when Windows 10 dropped though.
It is worth noting, however, that you can't do that on a Mac (if needed).

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OP here is the deal. If you’re looking for a laptop to just browse the web, email, and do data entry type shyt.

Get a Windows laptop.

But if you’re a creator or designer and work with a lot of the design programs from Adobe, Sketch, etc.

Get a Macbook

Hopefully that answer your question and simplifies it for you

Appreciate it. I mainly deal with QuickBooks, signing contracts, PDFs, doing research, despising to emails, having multiple tabs open, all while probably having the Coli open.

I don’t use all those programs that are in Adobe for content creation (just yet). I’ll probably roll with a windows

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Appreciate it. I mainly deal with QuickBooks, signing contracts, PDFs, doing research, despising to emails, having multiple tabs open, all while probably having the Coli open.

I don’t use all those programs that are in Adobe for content creation (just yet). I’ll probably roll with a windows

Then yea.... a windows is best for you then.

Im in the creative/design word and Windows just can’t work for me or is terrible. As a graphic designer, Adobe just seems to work best on Macs. Also my friends that do shyt like films creating/editing or music...... they to use Macs.

So yea, you have to get the computer that works best with the tools you’re going to use