Will you be sad when gamestop goes out of business?

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
I used to go in there as a teen when I was shopping with the fam play some demos and chop it up with some random workers ability video games so yea a little not gon lie

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe a little, but 80% of what I buy in terms of gaming comes from online stores besides gamestop so I'll definitely manage.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Whether in store or online, 95% of my interactions with them have been negative. They're especially pointless for me since I dont trade any of my games or consoles in. I'm sure there are good people depending on GS for their paycheck. I'm sure some of you have had great experiences with the company. I'm not rooting for them to go out of business, but if you ask me if I'll miss them?

Not even a little bit.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Nostalgic over midnight releases, getting home at 1am with a new system and gaming till morning...

but nah, fukk em

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'll feel bad about a lot of people losing their jobs, sure.

But fukk Gamestop as a company.

shyt like that was why. The last thing I purchased from them was Arkham Knight, solely because they had bonus DLC for pre-ordering from them (which, for me, meant just placing an order on their site the night before release. Pre-orders for games are mostly bullshyt.), and even with that, it took me a solid 20 minutes to check out, with them asking the same questions as above. AND that shyt still didn't come shrink wrapped. :hhh:

Worse, they're predatory as fukk since their transition into being a small step up from a pawn shop. Nearly every last one of my last trips in therez there was someone trading in a fukk ton of shyt to buy games and consoles they couldn't afford, and being advised to try to open up a Gamestop credit card to cover whatever their meager trade-in value wouldn't cover. shyt was gross. :hhh:

It’s not just the customer who suffers...there was an article that came out a couple years ago about how employees were being put under a lot of pressure to sell warranties and subscriptions. They were being treated horribly and the managers even worse.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
no I won't be sad...
but I know those trade in prices are gonna take a hit.

do wonder what affect it will have on the gaming industry.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Will do the cut shapes over it's stankin corpse...fukk em

DisastrousTautGourami-max-1mb.gif

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
So no one gets used game?

All yall Day one niccas? Or yall dont trade yall games in?
last used game I bought was ratchet and clank in 2016 and that was on eBay. Last trade in I did had to have been in like 2014 with Target when they were giving double credit I think.

The digital life chose me I didn’t choose it :wow:

Honestly though I can’t see them completely going under soon. So many people still like brick and mortar plus the ability to trade in and buy used.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
last used game I bought was ratchet and clank in 2016 and that was on eBay. Last trade in I did had to have been in like 2014 with Target when they were giving double credit I think.

The digital life chose me I didn’t choose it :wow:

Honestly though I can’t see them completely going under soon. So many people still like brick and mortar plus the ability to trade in and buy used.

Same, i’m 100% digital now so I’m either buying games brand new, wait until they’re discounted on psn or offered for free on ps plus. Haven’t bought a physical game since control and before that dark souls 2 I think.

If you’re still buying physicals you’re honestly better off just buying them or selling them on eBay. I actually just sold control for 23 bucks on eBay. I just checked GameStop’s website and the trade in value is 11 and cash amount is 8.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Nah.

I don't miss trying to sell 20 games to Gamestop giving me the option of $12.32 in cash or $16.79 in store credit.
:hhh:
Plus Im 100% digital now.