Will we ever see a rap album have as much impact as feminem's MMLP?

Daps
eminem always been wack with his corny ass "i'll shove knife up your anus and make it come through your throat" ass lines

nikka barely beat a drug addiction he ain't beatin nobody up :yawn: most hyped up MC in hip hop history - solely attributed to his skin color

fukk eminem

Yeah he had his gay ass shiit..but we gon act like he didnt have any mc skills now tho?:smugdraper:

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
u cant deny his lyrical ability corny or not...

dude rhymed words that didnt even rhyme and it sounded good..

after TES tho... dude was unlistenable

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
His best album easily. I dont get how people can act like Em doesnt have his classic with this one.

- Great production (which Em rarely has) from Dre/Mel-Man
- Incredible rhyming and creativity
- Impact. The sh1t sold like Tickle Me Elmo and got rave reviews

Real Slim Shady was the last Em leadoff single that wasnt cringeworthy

TES was nice at the time, but a lot of it sounds :huhldup: now

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
He has technical MC skills sure, but his subject matter is god awful. Even when I hear him rap now his shyt is so formulaic and corny.

Let me put this outrageous act of violence together with this pop culture fixture, and throw in a little drug reference and maybe a hint of sodomy :leon:, and now we got a typical Eminem bar

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
He has technical MC skills sure, but his subject matter is god awful. Even when I hear him rap now his shyt is so formulaic and corny.

Let me put this outrageous act of violence together with this pop culture fixture, and throw in a little drug reference and maybe a hint of sodomy :leon:, and now we got a typical Eminem bar

lol u hate eminem content yet have gucci mane in your avatar who basically
glorifys the street life fukk out of here.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
what impact has that shyt had tho? u mean on white america or hip hop? cuz in hip hop that shyt is practically non existent, the only nikkas em ever influenced as far as rhyming style is odd future nobody has his content... now look at how many jay clones u got in the industry, the new wave of southern hipsters that sound like kast, etc. alot of artists had more influence on the culture then shady... mmlp is the only album I like from him all the way thru tho cant even hate

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It didnt have too much of an impact on hip hop but it was definately em best album

Daps
People forget that Dre was on that shock rap shyt as well around the time Eminem was blowing up. MMLP's "impact" was in place months before it's release; it sounds ridiculously similar to 2001.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
eminem always been wack with his corny ass "i'll shove knife up your anus and make it come through your throat" ass lines

nikka barely beat a drug addiction he ain't beatin nobody up :yawn: most hyped up MC in hip hop history - solely attributed to his skin color

fukk eminem

:wow: Powerful hate right there...

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
808 and Heartbreak officially marked the era of HOMOfakkitRY where Tyga is considered a "gangsta" rapper

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta say though...2001 was responsible for half the success it had.

More like, Eminem was responsible for half the success 2001 had.

Also, to those questioning the impact of this album on hip hop: this album is what made Eminem's audience as big as it is and in turn, it allowed 50 cent to sell 9 million which he would have never achieved otherwise. Don't get me wrong, 50 was prolly gonna blow regardless of his deal with Shady/Aftermath but he would have never sold more than like 3 million with his debut album (if that).
And another thing, and it's quite funny that it needs to be pointed out on this board of all places lol, is that Stan was such a powerful record that Nas could call Jay a 'stan' on Ether (which is a classic record) and people immediately knew what it meant. And now, more than 10 years later, half the board still uses the word 'stan' in every other post. Can't say that's not having an impact on the game if one of the arguably greatest rappers ever references your song in a classic song..

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Classic album.

He was fighting for his existence there, and had everyone against him and he came out with arguably the best retaliation album in any genre of music.

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What dudes fail to realize is thats what his life was thats what he rapped about to me(always thought rap was a reflection of your lifestyle)... thats why i liked the album and respected his skills more...he rapped about what he do and what crazy **** was on is awkward *** brain.I can dig it... instead coming out on some bs that noone would believe....**** even them other d12 ****** spit like that so it was real he put his **** together rite and made a hit to me that was his best album straight classic .