Will The Graphical Jump From PS4 To PS5 Be Smaller Than PS3 To PS4?

in terms of just GRAPHICS, will the jump be bigger or smaller than PS3 to PS4?

• it'll be a smaller jump

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • it'll be a bigger jump

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • about the same

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
All you have to do is look at the current state of PC gaming to see what next gen consoles will look like.

Real-Time Ray-Tracing is a motherfukking game changer. The jump from no ray-tracing to real-time Ray-Tracing is one of the biggest leaps forward in graphics I have ever experienced, and I’ve been gaming since the NES

You don’t realize how these shadows and lightning works to improve graphics. You will be floored. If you got a PC gaming friend with a 2080ti, play Modern Warfare with him. shyt looks so so so so so good. It will literally blow your mind. I’m not exaggerating. :mindblown:

When consoles get this feature, the jump from PS4 - PS5 will be bigger than any jump previously experienced with graphics, aside from maybe 2D to 3D

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I don't see the point of a new era coming this soon

:yeshrug:

EL9TiykWoAAH3VP

If graphics never look better than this--I'll be fine

Most this power is gonna be wasted on open world bullshyt

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Well Microsoft going for 120 bro you see that halo trailer..

All their first party games will mimic life like interactions and facial expressions.

Halo and HellBlade look at both trailers
I cant stop watching that Hellblade trailer.:mjcry: I want facial expressions and AI tech to improve greatly this upcoming gen. I always loved Halo's AI and now imagine Halo Infinite AI.:wow: MS now has Ninja Theory... I hope all MS studios utilize NT's facial animation tech.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
His take is not that crazy..2K14's lighting was way better..has been a downgrade ever since..faces did get better though with face scan technology. I dont see a jump like 2K13 to 2K14 happening in the graphics department. The 2K14 trailer was one of the best I saw.

I think PS5 can do a great job enhancing the graphics though if you look at how PC modders do with the environment, etc.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
At this point, it needs to be portable like The Switch, or full blown virtual reality.

And it will take like 2 full years before a AAA game that utilizes the graphics becomes available. So all you doing in the meantime is playing slightly enhanced ports of last gen games, NBA 2K, and Call of Duty.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
His take is not that crazy..2K14's lighting was way better..has been a downgrade ever since..faces did get better though with face scan technology. I dont see a jump like 2K13 to 2K14 happening in the graphics department. The 2K14 trailer was one of the best I saw.

I think PS5 can do a great job enhancing the graphics though if you look at how PC modders do with the environment, etc.
Bruh, please...

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Not too high, but I don't mind. I still play Earth Defense Force and that shyt is ugly, but it's fun. :yeshrug: