Will The Graphical Jump From PS4 To PS5 Be Smaller Than PS3 To PS4?

in terms of just GRAPHICS, will the jump be bigger or smaller than PS3 to PS4?

• it'll be a smaller jump

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • it'll be a bigger jump

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • about the same

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
looking at Godfall it looks like an even smaller jump :patrice:

I understand the big difference in next-gen is going to be SSD & lack of load times, but the actual graphics will prolly only look slightly better :manny:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Usually you don't get to see fully what a system can do until more developers jump on board and a little bit further down in the system's lifecyle. There are plenty of examples of games coming out on a system later in its life and the initial launch titles pale in comparison.

But there is a diminishing return on graphics these days. It's not like going from SNES to 64

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Usually you don't get to see fully what a system can do until more developers jump on board and a little bit further down in the system's lifecyle. There are plenty of examples of games coming out on a system later in its life and the initial launch titles pale in comparison.

But there is a diminishing return on graphics these days. It's not like going from SNES to 64
Yup

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I mean when you compare early PS3 games to the PS4 games like God of war there's a huge difference :yeshrug:

Even sometimes when I'm playing these remastered games I think this looks like shyt and the gameplay and animation is stiffer

The foot planting is atrocious on some of those remasters. Final Fantasy x and kingdom hearts 1 were horrible to play.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
smaller to.... same

3rd party games on pc, xbox and ps will look the same across the board

except if u have a crazy pc rig and even then all ur getting is higher resolutions, framerate and textures of pretty much the same exact game.

where the tech will truly shine is in Sony exclusives since the comp has showed us that there is no comp for 2 decades plus

I need a sequel to The Order, that is actually longer than 4 hours this time.

I also think VR will be bigger next gen, especially with the more horsepower available

Imagine if Naughty Dog dropped a Uncharted VR game with all the bells n whistles on PS5 hardware

:wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
smaller to.... same

3rd party games on pc, xbox and ps will look the same across the board

except if u have a crazy pc rig and even then all ur getting is higher resolutions, framerate and textures of pretty much the same exact game.

where the tech will truly shine is in Sony exclusives since the comp has showed us that there is no comp for 2 decades plus

I need a sequel to The Order, that is actually longer than 4 hours this time.

I also think VR will be bigger next gen, especially with the more horsepower available

Imagine if Naughty Dog dropped a Uncharted VR game with all the bells n whistles on PS5 hardware

:wow:
Stan real hard brehs:mjlol:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Some developers are already saying there won’t be a big difference, so don’t expect much

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Many of these engines are already running on PC, where the strongest graphics lie. No surprise that this jump won’t see a huge difference.
i am interested in what they do with the extra ram and disk transfer speeds though