Will Sony ever get back to making multiple genres of games and Multiplayer titles??

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Most of the RPG on Sony consoles not xbox, like Persona 5, Final Fantasy Remake isn't even on Xbox yet

Killzone was on ps4, pretty sure they will make one for ps5 and the same studio made Horizon Zero Dawn which is a completely different type of game

You not making any sense, all the diverse titles are on playstation, Fist of the North Star Lost paradise for an example is only on playstation, The Order was a third person shooter only on playstation, Driveclub was only on playstation and was pretty much the best looking racing game on consoles probably still because forza 5 on Xbox doesn't compare to the PC version

Because of sales. I honestly love their former output as a publisher when it was more varied. I bought the games on PS4. I got the regular Hot Shots Golf and Driveclub with both of their VR siblings as well. I have Gravity Rush 1 & 2, I have Killzone, I have The Order (it's dope, fukk y'all) but I'll never see any games in these franchises ever again. I hate that shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because of sales. I honestly love their former output as a publisher when it was more varied. I bought the games on PS4. I got the regular Hot Shots Golf and Driveclub with both of their VR siblings as well. I have Gravity Rush 1 & 2, I have Killzone, I have The Order (it's dope, fukk y'all) but I'll never see any games in these franchises ever again. I hate that shyt.
Sony is responding to what their audience wants. Successful games get follow-ups and games that aren't successful don't.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you been living under a rock? Did you not see all their recent investments in MP? :gucci:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony is responding to what their audience wants. Successful games get follow-ups and games that aren't successful don't.

Exactly. I love Everybody's Golf but it plateaued in sales and had been declining for years; Gravity Rush never sold well. Why would Sony continue paying for these games?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
On one hand Sony stans pretend 3rd person cinematic games are the only ones that matter, or even exist sometimes:hula: on the other hand they get mad and feverishly defend Sony when it’s brought up that Sony is seemingly laser focused on making that style of game.

Make up y’all mind :smh:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Exactly. I love Everybody's Golf but it plateaued in sales and had been declining for years; Gravity Rush never sold well. Why would Sony continue paying for these games?
EG actually has a decent following in Japan. You can go online now and literally 99.9% of the active players on open courses are Japanese. Chatting, showing off their custom characters, doing 9 holes, etc.

I can definitely see Sony giving Clap Hanz the green light to make another. Maybe a one game per system kinda thing with updates, digital only or something.. but I can see it happening.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

I can't speak to the ROI on these games. Maybe The Order or Gravity Rush didn't recoup but I'd need hard evidence that Hot Shots Golf did not nor Killzone didn't. Killzone was a launch game for the PS4, of course it did.

The issue is that they've moved towards blockbusters for the most part. Time has seemingly proved that more money will be made for Guerrilla Games by working on Horizon than Killzone. That statement does not also mean that Killzone wasn't successful on the PS4.

I still believe that Socom was bushed because it didn't sell like others, not that it didn’t sell enough. How successful is the barometer for Sony it appears. Days Gone seems to be the embodiment of the new mantra.

I get it, but ultimately, I do believe that these games made profit, just not enough to satisfy Sony however.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
I feel like there’s no point of buying the new consoles there’s no games for it and they games they do have just seem like rehash of shyt that’s already been done with “updated graphics”

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EG actually has a decent following in Japan. You can go online now and literally 99.9% of the active players on open courses are Japanese. Chatting, showing off their custom characters, doing 9 holes, etc.

Check the sales figures breh - that series has been nosediving for a decade.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Check the sales figures breh - that series has been nosediving for a decade.
1d55e89960aec0ff2ab495135a630873.jpg

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
With the rising cost of game development , I don't think many game companies will take risks as they used to be. I remember when Sony used to participate in E3 , they would announce weird games that people just complained about for taking up E3 time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With the rising cost of game development , I don't think many game companies will take risks as they used to be. I remember when Sony used to participate in E3 , they would announce weird games that people just complained about for taking up E3 time.

People want sonys “movie games” even the Larry’s that hate on them constantly all said they’re buying spider-man 2 :mjlol:

We’ve already seen how people react to sony announcing multiplayer games, imagine if they also announced more games like puppeteer and patapon