Will Sony ever get back to making multiple genres of games and Multiplayer titles??

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Microsoft and Nintendo always had different genre of games that cater to different gamers. You can say them shyts were trash yadada but both systems try.

Sony since the end of PS3 been strictly third party narrative games that doesn't offer replayability or a long term financial ecosystem. Last of Us Ghost Uncharted BloodBourne to name a few...

Where are the Arcade games/Racers/Simulators/First Person shooters/Strategy/RPGs???

Sony had those titles in the past and totally forgot them during the end of PS3. Will we see a different this generation?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Firewalk studios- multiplayer shooter (Destiny Vets)
Deviation games - Multiplayer shooter (Treyarch/CoD vets)
Lucid games- Twisted Metal Game
Haven Studios - Online Multiplayer Games (Jade Raymond)
Firesprite studios- working on two multiplayer games

Guerilla, insomniac, and Naughty dog are also working on multiplayer games

A PS5 exclusive Marvel multiplayer game is reportedly in development

PlayStation and Firewalk Studios announce publishing partnership for a new, original multiplayer IP

Sony has been working with Deviation Games on its new PlayStation-exclusive IP for over a year already

Jade Raymond's Haven Studios Working on PS5 Exclusive Online Multiplayer Game: Report

New Twisted Metal game reportedly in development for PlayStation

Guerilla Games is Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Project

Firesprite job listings reveal 4 exciting games from Sony's newest studio

Naughty Dog Multiplayer Game Could Feature RPG Elements

Watch him ignore this so he can stan halo :sas2:

Sony is gonna show microsoft how to make a quality multiplayer game, cause halo looks terrible

Last edited:

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
Nall being serious I was just thinking this. What the hell happen to Killzone MAG SOCOM Resistance etc...

Like people shyt on Gamepass but Sony can't sustain a gamepass alternative like Microsoft and if ever Nintendo can.
I know youre serious and it’s the truth! But I digress…at least they make quality games to sustain the momentum on their end

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Nall being serious I was just thinking this. What the hell happen to Killzone MAG SOCOM Resistance etc...

Like people shyt on Gamepass but Sony can't sustain a gamepass alternative like Microsoft and if ever Nintendo can.

They can't even emulate their damn N64 games :mjlol:

Nintendo doesn't even need a gamepass for their current games. If they had a service for all their past games from NES -> Wii and GameBoy and GBA as well people would be all in. Even as a semi Nintendo Stan I have zero faith Nintendo could have this type of service and sustain it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the RPG on Sony consoles not xbox, like Persona 5, Final Fantasy Remake isn't even on Xbox yet

Killzone was on ps4, pretty sure they will make one for ps5 and the same studio made Horizon Zero Dawn which is a completely different type of game

You not making any sense, all the diverse titles are on playstation, Fist of the North Star Lost paradise for an example is only on playstation, The Order was a third person shooter only on playstation, Driveclub was only on playstation and was pretty much the best looking racing game on consoles probably still because forza 5 on Xbox doesn't compare to the PC version

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I think it's a general trend in gaming as a whole.

Everything is either AAA prestige or an indie.

The mid tier game has been squeezed out. Fun arcade games like Tony Hawk, SSX, Burnout are few and far between.
There are a lot of AA games being made too. But I agree about the arcade racers. I miss those games. Was hoping for a skate 4 or SSX game

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft and Nintendo always had different genre of games that cater to different gamers. You can say them shyts were trash yadada but both systems try.

Sony since the end of PS3 been strictly third party narrative games that doesn't offer replayability or a long term financial ecosystem. Last of Us Ghost Uncharted BloodBourne to name a few...

Where are the Arcade games/Racers/Simulators/First Person shooters/Strategy/RPGs???

Sony had those titles in the past and totally forgot them during the end of PS3. Will we see a different this generation?
Why would they need to? Third party developers can handle that stuff. Sony is clearly having a high level of success with the approach they have now.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Firewalk studios- multiplayer shooter (Destiny Vets)
Deviation games - Multiplayer shooter (Treyarch/CoD vets)
Lucid games- Twisted Metal Game
Haven Studios - Online Multiplayer Games (Jade Raymond)
Firesprite studios- working on two multiplayer games

Guerilla, insomniac, and Naughty dog are also working on multiplayer games

A PS5 exclusive Marvel multiplayer game is reportedly in development

PlayStation and Firewalk Studios announce publishing partnership for a new, original multiplayer IP

Sony has been working with Deviation Games on its new PlayStation-exclusive IP for over a year already

Jade Raymond's Haven Studios Working on PS5 Exclusive Online Multiplayer Game: Report

New Twisted Metal game reportedly in development for PlayStation

Guerilla Games is Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Project

Firesprite job listings reveal 4 exciting games from Sony's newest studio

Naughty Dog Multiplayer Game Could Feature RPG Elements

Watch him ignore this so he can stan halo :sas2:

Sony is gonna show microsoft how to make a quality multiplayer game, cause halo looks terrible

Not a Xbox Stam but Halo looks damn good. Way better than COD and Battlefield. If you ask me, it's now 1 number of the big 3