Will Rockstar always be the gold standard for Free roam/Sandbox games?

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
GTA V raised the bar in so many aspects a lot of games struggled to keep up in the same lane, and it still holds its own in comparison to a free roam games released the past few years and the driving puts a lot of them to shame, like Mafia or Watch dogs. They just don’t feel half as immersive as GTA or Red Dead. I feel like the only competition Rockstar had was Saints Row 2 back on 360 before they fukked the franchise up.

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
CD Projekt Red is right on they ass but Rockstar has a certain attention for detail that I think even CD Projekt Red may not have as far as attempting to replicate a near simulation level experience with how natural the environment is.
I could see them being a minor threat, but Cyberpunk’s going the first person route & The Witcher hasn’t aged well IMO. If The Witcher 4 rumours are true then it could be a candidate. I never really enjoyed that franchise much but it’s pretty known that they had a major in-depth story & DLC. Their budget is obviously going to be considerably larger so it’s very possible they’ll fix their trash mechanics. It could stand a shot against this supposed Medieval Rockstar game

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
GTA V is the gold standard of Sandbox like Budweiser is the gold standard of beers. It’s extremely popular and sells better than everything else but is highly deficient...in GTA’s case it is highly deficient gameplay wise. shyt is so old and archaic...shooting sucks and is dull.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bethesda is the only one with the IPs that are as popular and storied as Rockstar. Thing is, both of those properties stumbled in their last outings. A return to form with the next singleplayer Fallout and Elder Scrolls puts them right there with Rockstar.
tumblr_nhb51z0CBH1s3j9y8o1_500.gif

ES6 BETTER be Flames...:wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They've had more than enough time to crush the buildings with their next outing. I'm sure they made bread off that online shyt, now it's time to remind nikkas what was really popping before Witcher:wow:

They better....:mjpls: This time I want MORE customization not just armor I'm talking clothes and jewelry too...:ufdup:

come through town swagged out like...

816.gif

:whew: diamonds in my crown, on my pinky ring got magic enchanted on that bytch:myman:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Bethesda is the only one with the IPs that are as popular and storied as Rockstar. Thing is, both of those properties stumbled in their last outings. A return to form with the next singleplayer Fallout and Elder Scrolls puts them right there with Rockstar.
Nah, they got to do better than one or two above average games to be put on Rockstars level...

Rockstar been dropping consistent AAA level heat for 20 years and still counting...Not a single wack or subpar game in that time span, even that table tennis game was quality...

Bethesda on the other hand hasn't dropped a AAA quality game since Fallout 4 in 2015 and before that it was Skyrim in 2011...

It's been consistent Skyrim re-releases and major flop money grab bug filled games one after the other going on for half a decade now from Bethesda...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
They better....:mjpls: This time I want MORE customization not just armor I'm talking clothes and jewelry too...:ufdup:

come through town swagged out like...

816.gif

:whew: diamonds in my crown, on my pinky ring got magic enchanted on that bytch:myman:
You can't be macking these Redguard broads unless you got that brolic drip. I'm putting all my points into charisma so I can get the best deals at the garment shops. Finna have wives in every major town:mjlit: