Will Nintendo ever get a decent online service?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I think once they figure out how to completely protect the majority youth audience from predators they'll boost online features. We just seen what the smash community was about, and there was a tiny bit of foolery in the Pokemon community. Their online trash. there's no excuse for some of the lack of online features, but things like messaging, and communication, I can see why they'll hit the pause button on that bit.

Not sure why they didn't keep Miiverse. Don't think I heard any horror stories about that app.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think once they figure out how to completely protect the majority youth audience from predators they'll boost online features. We just seen what the smash community was about, and there was a tiny bit of foolery in the Pokemon community. Their online trash. there's no excuse for some of the lack of online features, but things like messaging, and communication, I can see why they'll hit the pause button on that bit.

Not sure why they didn't keep Miiverse. Don't think I heard any horror stories about that app.

probably wanted to dump everything related to the wii u

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I understand nintendo is more of an ‘all ages’ console but damn, I bet a good majority of switch owners are 18-35. Smash bros is almost unplayable online.

They got the best multiplayer games and no easy way to play with a group of friends online. I would love to hop on smash or mario kart and play against some of my friends like back in the day but the online component is so bugged. They got a gold mine in having a competent online system with the amount of games they have that can properly utilize it.

I would even just love to play an actual mario party board with random people but even that isn’t possible. I don’t get it

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
too wrapped up in keeping it safe and its clearly worked for them

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't even care about messaging features or anything like that from Nintendo just make that shyt stable and consistent when I'm playing Smash:hhh:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I understand nintendo is more of an ‘all ages’ console but damn, I bet a good majority of switch owners are 18-35. Smash bros is almost unplayable online.

They got the best multiplayer games and no easy way to play with a group of friends online. I would love to hop on smash or mario kart and play against some of my friends like back in the day but the online component is so bugged. They got a gold mine in having a competent online system with the amount of games they have that can properly utilize it.

I would even just love to play an actual mario party board with random people but even that isn’t possible. I don’t get it

they tried so hard to put us on an incomplete app for voice chat. nobody uses it. and I'm sure parents don't use the parental controls for their child's switch. So they're out here trial n erroring ideas for that I guess. But they can't continue to ignore the online things that have nothing to do with the safety of the youth and expect to have a strong online sub count. I'm certain their online sub ain't popping anywhere near Sony and MS not even close.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
If being family friendly is the reason for their subpar online services then Nintendo can hold that L.

Yea some of their fanbases are trash but that's why you hire people for QC of online communities. I actually think they need to let that family friendly image go all together because nobody really cares about it. Just look at the response to their Wii U marketing compared to the Switch. If you want to keep the price down on your hardware then that's fine but trying to 'protect' kids that play Call of Duty all day isn't doing anything imo.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug: Regardless of what they do, some of y'all will still buy the product. they got no incentives.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
the Switch having no console Party Chat is the dumbest shyt ever

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i think nintendo got something up they sleeve.. they just waiting on the dust to settle on everything.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the Switch having no console Party Chat is the dumbest shyt ever
\

The entire online service is the dumbest shyt ever, like every single feature or lack of feature on it. People ultimately don’t care because it’s a casual market buying them all up but there’s a real gamer market that is missing out on being able to competitively play a lot of their games online.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re also the most anti consumer friendly of the 3 but nobody seems to care. The Eshop is trash to, but at least you get a incentive to buy games online

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They’re also the most anti consumer friendly of the 3 but nobody seems to care. The Eshop is trash to, but at least you get a incentive to buy games online

I still gotta send my left joy con in for replacement cause those shyts are 50 dollars each. I also still can’t believe 1-2 switch is still 50 dollars.