Will Detroit ever get a big rapper that the city rallies around like Kendrick

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
All those artist had somebody who developed them. I'm not sure if these younger artists are willing to do that. Or if modern labels have a "Dr. Dre" to take them to the next level like K. Dot.

And Royce discussed this. These Detroit rappers ain't thinking about making mainstream hits. I mean if Sada Baby was developed (and didn't have his pops die or Sada's drug addiction battles) who knows.
Skilla seem like he good at making mainstream hits

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Skilla seem like he good at making mainstream hits

He definitely the closest of the younger ones. And since Tik Tok popular he knows to be work that as well. But the irony though he doesn't like making that music. He just does it because his label expects it. So who knows how long he will play the game.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If some of yall supported Sean instead of being mad he isn’t a copy and paste detroit rapper like everybody else, then maybe we could yes

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
All those artist had somebody who developed them. I'm not sure if these younger artists are willing to do that. Or if modern labels have a "Dr. Dre" to take them to the next level like K. Dot.

And Royce discussed this. These Detroit rappers ain't thinking about making mainstream hits. I mean if Sada Baby was developed (and didn't have his pops die or Sada's drug addiction battles) who knows.
How much did Dre do for Kendrick?

I thought it was mostly Punch

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How much did Dre do for Kendrick?

I thought it was mostly Punch
Dre executive produced GKMC and was signed to Aftermath. So the Dre cosign was major. You can tell a Dre album and you could tell he executively produced it.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Dre executive produced GKMC and was signed to Aftermath. So the Dre cosign was major. You can tell a Dre album and you could tell he executively produced it.
I meant in terms of actual development

I wonder who refined Kendricks style or if he mostly did it himself