Will Best Buy take a hit on video game sales now that Gamers Club Unlocked is canceled?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
All I know is once the industry goes all the way in on digital and away from physical, they need to pass those savings down to the consumer. Shouldn’t be paying full price on the PS Store when Sony and the publisher taking a majority of the profit, and they don’t have to pay for printing, shipping, or sharing profits with B&M anymore :stopitslime:
You’re thinking is correct...but no one is going to fight the good fight with you.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No they’re not

Why are you talking out of your ass
Best Buy is like a store with a bunch of mini stores in it now. Samsung reps and Microsoft reps selling their respective hardware in different sections. I get the feeling many people here haven’t actually walked into a Best Buy lately other than the front counter to pick up their games. Most of Best Buy is those mini stores then the small and large appliances cell phones and then TVs and home audio. What they’re doing is working pretty well for them.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Best Buy is like a store with a bunch of mini stores in it now. Samsung reps and Microsoft reps selling their respective hardware in different sections. I get the feeling many people here haven’t actually walked into a Best Buy lately other than the front counter to pick up their games. Most of Best Buy is those mini stores then the small and large appliances cell phones and then TVs and home audio. What they’re doing is working pretty well for them.
I just looked up there earnings reports

Best Buy is very healthy

Daps

100% correct. The media section for best buy has shrunk to a tiny section in my local one. Kitchen appliances that aren't even fridges, have more space in most best buy's than actual videogames. It's easier to find coffee makers and pressure cookers than game titles in my local one. Best Buy has already shifted.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's a Micro Center and Frys in my area so :camby:
If Microcenter was closer to me I'd be there weekly but it's a 50 minute drive. I only go there when I build a new PC but they rape you on some of those prices. I bought a Noctua cooler there and found out I paid like $30 over retail for a 1 fan version when Amazon had the 2 fan for that much less.

I wish we had a Fry's. I think the closest to me is in Chicago or something.

DeeJay

Pro
Daps
If Microcenter was closer to me I'd be there weekly but it's a 50 minute drive. I only go there when I build a new PC but they rape you on some of those prices. I bought a Noctua cooler there and found out I paid like $30 over retail for a 1 fan version when Amazon had the 2 fan for that much less.

I go to micro center at least once a week. They're selling ryzens cheaper than amazon right now

There's 3 frys here in the dallas area

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi

Our only Fry's is in Downers grove, down past oakbrook mall. I used to live in there even though it was a 40 minute drive, micro center is about a 40 minute drive for me too. I haven't been to either since the fall started, but I been to best buy a few times weird enough.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I buy my Blu-Ray and 4K movies at Best Buy :yeshrug:

And I plan on getting Death Stranding's Collector's Edition from there as soon as the pre-order goes up :lolbron:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There's no real reason anymore for publishers to cut retailers into the sale...
they still need retailers to sell the hardware. which is usually sold at a low margin, or even a loss. they make up for this by selling games and accessories. take away the games, and retailers aren't gonna want to deal with the hardware

this is all slowly changing, but IMO it's a big part of the reason physical games are still around

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
whoever re did best buy needs to be given a 10x raise. it was going under then they remodeled every single store