Why were teachers in school so bent on "no talking"?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
In college the nikkas that don't shut the fukk up are the ones that everyone hates. We're here to learn, not listen to you talk about the most inane bullshyt you can think of :rudy:

A$$holes not shuttin' the f*ck up as if you're not paying money to be there :leostare:

That's why classes shouldn't have required attendance policies in college; If you don't want to there and shut the f*ck up, stay ya a$$ at the crib :birdman:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I had a college professor in my freshmen years, that tried to pull this shytt. :shaq2:

The whole class checked her real quick. How you going to tell a class full of adults to stop talking. :comeon:

:russ: That college professor went about it wrong.

I remember my first college algrebra class kids fresh out of high school and they were talking while the professor gave a lecture.

She stopped, sat down and gave the class a :usure: "Just letting you know I won't talk over you guys. So I'll take a break while you guys chat. Yall already paid for this course."

Classroom fell silent after that.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this thread reminds of when I went to grade school...

Anyway, before we went to the lunchroom, we would go in the gym and watch movies, and we couldn't talk :what:

I remember one instance, I was speaking to this kid in a soft voice damn near whispering (No homo) anyways, the teacher saw me and was giving me the :leostare:

Anyways I said something to the kid and this teacher said "get out :birdman:" and I got kicked out :wtb:

Thread also reminds me of substitute teachers and how the class would go HAM when a sub teacher was there.

Also wonder if the sub teacher really snitches on the kids who misbehave to the regular teacher the next day :ohhh:
one day when i was in 8th grade we had a substitute in computer class. really nice woman in her mid 40's and because of that we usually respected her and werent complete a$$holes. well that day i was getting my 'oregon trail' on and i ended up punching this kid in the face 3 or 4 times for saying some slick shyt about my mother. she tried to get in the middle of it. the way she was screaming you would think she was getting raped, it wasnt until i noticed she was crying hysterically that i stopped. i never felt so bad before, she didnt deserve that shyt. i apologized. she was actually cool about it and understood why i did it but she was shaking and crying so bad she had to go home. always went out of my way to be nice to her from that day on through high school.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Seriously. :why:

I remember some teachers I had, mainly in elementary and early middle school, they'd call your parents or even give you detention for talking too much. Not during a test, not during a quiz, but just anytime.

But like if someone asked you to borrow a piece of paper, and you responded back to them.

Teacher: "No talking!" :birdman:

Me: "But he asked me to borrow a piece of paper and all I said was, "Yeah, okay" :wtf:

As I type this, I remember one teacher in 6th grade she would always say, "(name), you're mumbling again.... :ufdup: If I have to tell you again it's a 20-min detention."
to teach discipline you numbskull. :comeon:

lil kids need to learn to shut their mouths anyway.​

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
All i wanna know is where were the female teachers sleeping with students back then... Wish i had me one ...

No talking builds discipline and it prepares you to learn and focus. Just think when we're at work and the person in the next jail cell .... i mean cubicle is too loud we cant concentrate and get annoyed. Its the same way for us lil' nigs is grade school.

Plus, I'm married to a teacher. We need a whole lot more than just talking today

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't know about you but the classroom is an excuse to give your mouth a rest. sometimes, in life, it's okay shut the fukk up and let someone else do the talking. school is one of those times. what used to annoy me to NO end was seeing grown ass people in COLLEGE that would talk when the professor was lecturing and these were the same folks that stayed failing tests, complained about the teacher not passing them, and etc. it was lame. i understood high school, elementary school, jr high and etc because it's basically dealing with kids but college????? :stopitslime: maybe if they would just shut the fukk up, be silent, raise their hand when it was time to ask a question or to participate whenever the professor is asking a question concerning the reading assignment that was supposed to be FOR homework, let the professor speak and say the lesson for the day and etc, they would pass the class. but folks always gotta speak and run their mouth instead of shutting up when it's time to.

folks should try BEING silent for once or in the worst case, be in a situation where they're on the phone for a job interview or are hearing some important information and then have to be around mouthy people that act like they don't know how to shut the fukk up.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heaven forbid we teach children not to be rude and disruptive. That's not a valuable life skill or anything. :sitdown:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't know but I remember back in the 8th grade we had a teacher that went extra hard. He took over for another teacher like midway through the semester. He was white teaching at a majority black school and I believe he was suppose to be a pastor.

*Classrooms quiet except for the occasional whispering

Teacher yelling at the top of his lungs: :fire: SHUT UP, NOW!!!!

Class: :huh:.....:laugh:

Teacher: :ohmy:...:angry: I SAID SHUT UP NOW!!!...DAG NABIT

lol

What's funny was most cases it would be the class next door to ours making the noise.

Even during next period when I was in the class next door and we would hear him yell through the walls, the whole class including the teacher would be :laff:

:deadmanny: I had this same shyt happen to me.

But we would on occasion do some really retarded shyt to get on the teachers nerves. One time the whole class just started humming in unison for the entire period. shyt was loud as fukk and the teacher was so frustrated she didn't even know what to do.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I couldn't stand not being able to talk and all my report cards when I was in primary and intermediate school said pretty much good student but loves to talk or gets disruptive at times. I hated being quiet in class throughout my high school years. fukk that it's people right beside me, why cant we talk. ISS was the worst. Dude wouldn't let you talk, you couldn't turn you head the whole day and you faced nothing but a wall all day. That shyt was the worst. I got kicked out there a couple of times. Funny thing now, I'm quiet as shyt now and can go hours without talking even if i'm around people at work.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
so not to disrupt the class or the instruction.

also, to try to help the students focus when they are in the classroom (because they can often get sidetracked - even with small chatter the focus can be broken).

it builds a good habit of being serious (to learn), when it is time to learn - part of learning to stay disciplined.

:yeshrug:

Heaven forbid we teach children not to be rude and disruptive. That's not a valuable life skill or anything. :sitdown:

I'm not talking about disrupting or being rude or talking when the teacher is talking.

I'm talking about stuff like taking it too far such as the example I mentioned.

A kid knows the difference between being quiet & not disrupting vs simply responding(in a whisper no less) to someone ask for a paper or pencil. How is that disrupting the class? :rudy:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What's fukked up is if you're sitting next to your best homie who's saying hilarious shyt to you.

We had this brolick science teacher, nikka reminds me of dudes like Terry Crews or Lester Speight.

He had everyone in class shook back in middle school. He had a rep embarrassing the fukk out of students when they got out of line, so when it was time for his class everyone would shut up. Don't know why we got bold but me and my homie were whispering shyt to each about some TV show and this nikka snuck up behind us like :birdman: "Swear to god you two are like lovers. Yall married or sumthin'? QUIET!!! *everybody flinches in their seat* Or I'll divorce your asses!"

My homie and I are like :whoa: :merchant: Rest of the class looking at us like :lolbron: :ufdup:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Remember "Progress Reports"? Teachers use to go ham on these things :laugh:,they were like reports cards but more detail about the student. Back in the day they sent it in tight envelopes had you feeling like :lupe: by time you got home.

Bruh, those things used to get me trouble all the time. :sad:

My progress reports would never be good and I used to tell my moms that it didnt matter. "We just had a test and this doesnt reflect my test grade.....so it's really higher than this"

My mom: "Well why is it that low to begin with?" :usure:
Me: :to:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, this thread reminds of when I went to grade school...

Anyway, before we went to the lunchroom, we would go in the gym and watch movies, and we couldn't talk :what:

I remember one instance, I was speaking to this kid in a soft voice damn near whispering (No homo) anyways, the teacher saw me and was giving me the :leostare:

Anyways I said something to the kid and this teacher said "get out :birdman:" and I got kicked out :wtb:

YES! This is the kinda sh*t I'm talking about!

:why: Teachers telling you to walk to lunch in a single file line and NO TALKING.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Seriously. :why:

I remember some teachers I had, mainly in elementary and early middle school, they'd call your parents or even give you detention for talking too much. Not during a test, not during a quiz, but just anytime.

But like if someone asked you to borrow a piece of paper, and you responded back to them.

Teacher: "No talking!" :birdman:

Me: "But he asked me to borrow a piece of paper and all I said was, "Yeah, okay" :wtf:

As I type this, I remember one teacher in 6th grade she would always say, "(name), you're mumbling again.... :ufdup: If I have to tell you again it's a 20-min detention."
Snitch.