Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
yeah sometimes you get that

Im taking a African american lit class this semester

and my teacher is a cac :francis:

My "Lit of Africa and the Caribbean" prof was a White woman. It was alright. Woulda been stranger in my Black Psych course or my Racial Identity in the Classroom course or some others, but it's literature so pretty much anyone can teach it if they into it enough.

White millennials voted for Trump (and Romney)...:beli:

Your graph only shows 48% of White millennials voting for Trump. In other words, vote basically split even.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your graph only shows 48% of White millennials voting for Trump. In other words, vote basically split even.
5% is still a gap.
Most of them will probably become more conservative as they get older.
White millennials are not much different from their parents, except on LGBT issues.

This thread only applies to WHITE millennials anyway:hubie:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
5% is still a gap.
Most of them will probably become more conservative as they get older.
White millennials are not much different from their parents, except on LGBT issues.

This thread only applies to WHITE millennials anyway:hubie:
I always say it's important to remember how "liberal" young "people" were during vietnam and the 70's......
Those people are older now and likely voted for trump.....
Same cycle keeps on happening.....

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always say it's important to remember how "liberal" young "people" were during vietnam and the 70's......
White baby boomers weren't typically liberal in the 70s either... People have this idea that they were all anti-war, weed-smoking hippies, but it's far from the truth (especially in middle America).
When they became politically active, they voted for Reagan.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Nah, you're thinking of images from the 1970s like shyt that was happening in Berkeley and New York City...but most old White people from that era in California and New York are STILL liberal as hell. Or they've moved to places like Oregon and Montana and Colorado and started making those spots liberal too.

Trump won on the backs of White people from the South and the Midwest and mountain states like Utah and Idaho...and those White people were probably just as conservative in the 60s and 70s as they are now. It's not like Iowa and Oklahoma were burning down with civil rights and anti-war protesters.

Last edited:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The past few years the alt right/pol/chan community and since trump has run have made being republican the cool edgy party which kids are drawn to

Kids look at republicans now as the free speech non pc party and the democrats as the overly serious easily offended party that wants to silence everyone

Which is crazy to think of reps as that considering they've always been looked at as the older archaic free speech stifling ideology

But somehow the younger republicans and because of trump now look at the Republican Party that way