Why Saints Row Failed

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'm loading this up to watch while I work, but I got a chance to experience this game through the Free play Day weekend scheme and It just wasn't a good game. The writing was terrible. The characters weren't charismatic. The shooting was horrid. The Driving was lackluster, the challenges/activities weren't that good.
The game felt like it hadn't anything good to offer you unless you were a die hard fan or suffer from Gamer's OCD like myself, and as a man with 'Boff em', it was still a chore to play. A very tedious and not that much interesting chore.
Now it's bad enough that it came out in the 'woke' era of unwashed white people crying about anything not white and bruce willis lookin' on their screen, but the characters all had the personalities of people that would be robbed/killed by the original gang, so to replace that with this? Didn't help matters either.​

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The Third is where they jumped the shark

Dildo bats? :mjtf:

Turned gang shyt into white boy humor and this save the world bullshyt

The Boss in 1 & 2 was stacking bodies up and got put out the paint after 1 because they were a fukking demon lol

Start of 2, you're at Gat's arraignment where they charging him with 100+ murders :mjlol:

Went from that to fighting aliens as the President 🤢

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
there was a charge not let console ppl just have free range degeneracy like GTA, plus, Volition want to get in the looter shooter game

ut console player aren't like PC players, most buy a console a few games and that it, they aint trying to pay 50 buck a quarter into a game.

they also lost ppl trying to be Prototype

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Breh, I just wanted Saints Row 2 with modern graphics. Volition said that they lost the code to the game.

Saints Row 3 said F trying to beat GTA, we're doing our own thing. 4 was some sort of parody parody. And the reboot was a buggy mess upon release.

Of course the white complaining class said the new characters were woke. Which while the characters looked like annoying Gen Zers & wasn't gangster. Would the original cast be called woke? A Chinese guy dating a black chick. Dex and Julius.Shaundie and Pierce. You picking your pronouns in 2.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
The most recent one, story and characters aside, the world was poorly built.

They hyped up "Santo Ileso" as it being its "Own Character" in the game.
You could barely enter into any of the buildings, they had mostly "Popup Shops" instead of enter-able building stores.

Even the "Criminal Ventures" were half-baked, they allowed you to place buildings on the game map, but most of them you couldn't even enter them.
The Open World was half-baked/lazy.

If they made a good sandbox, they could have at-least partially "redeemed" themselves.

Gamers may not of liked the characters and the story, but if the world was actually fun, and interactive it would have "something" going for it.

The customization was OK, the world was bland, the story was weak, and the characters were too far away from the original games.
They could have at-least did some type of character development, to make you "Like" the characters better.

Too much focus on trying to "Be Funny", without actually being "Funny".

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
All they had to do was keep making SR 1 and 2 and they woulda been good. If they wanted to do something different they coulda had them try to take over a new city in SR3. :ehh:

Instead they went for comedy when ironically SR2 was way funnier than any of the ones that followed :dwillhuh:

SR3 eventually grew on me somewhat but it still ain’t nowhere near the first 2. SR4 shoulda went back to being like 1 and 2 and they woulda had major success especially with GTA not dropping anything new for over a decade. They shoulda called SR3 “SR: Hollywood” or some shyt and made the real SR3 back to the OGs and kept the series that way :sas2:

That being said I actually thought SR5 was decent for what it was. I liked it more than I expected to but it woulda been one of the best games of the decade if it woulda just did what fans asked :stopitslime: