Why isn't anybody speaking about the fukked up challenge in the first quarter?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Is it only because Denver was so dominant?

I agree that it looks like they controlled the game but that play was huge man. Guess it's just me but for 80% of the game...that defensive touchdown was the difference in a game. These officials really ain't shyt

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Mike Carey was finally right, and they didnt reverse it :wow:

i thought neither of CAR's challenges should have had to be used, especially the sack cmon you gotta see when a mans touched down. very surprised Cotchery's catch wasnt overturned, another reason to overhaul the catch rules and make it very clear what is and isnt a catch

if its a 1 score game i think it gets more mention, but they werent even close. moved the ball in the 3rd and did nothing, i dont think it changes the outcome

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
The tip of the ball touched the ground on the replay :yeshrug:

The better question is how did Cam win 15 games and make it to the SB with jobber receivers who couldn't catch that ball cleanly in stride
:francis:

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
That ball was moving all around, I dont know if they changed the rules, but how is that a catch?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
The "going to the ground" shyt specifically addresses plays like that; if while you hit the ground the ball touches the ground in and the ground causes it tomove= no catch

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that first touchdown was the game period. carolina had ample opportunities but playing with a lead is a lot different then playing down 13-7
The "going to the ground" shyt specifically addresses plays like that; if while you hit the ground the ball touches the ground in and the ground causes it tomove= no catch
IT DIDNT TOUCH THE GROUND. IT DIDNT AT ALL!!!!

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ball touch the ground and bobbled. It wasn't a catch. Mike Carrey once again doesn't know what he is talking about and they never went back to him again.
it never touched the ground. his arm was under it the whole time and at the end when it was about to touch the ground he just managed to keep it from doing so :snoop:

everybody thought it was a catch

coli members...commentators...coaches...everyone

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Would it had affected the outcome of the game? I doubt it. The offense was unable to make any real movement for four quarters. Hell the way they were playing the first quarter it might of been a blessing in disguise because the Panthers could have just as easily turned it back over given the trend.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I don't think it touched the ground but I think the officials got it right. The call on the field was incomplete. By the letter of the rules there has to be conclusive video graphic evidence to overturn it. That's the key. From the angles we saw there really wasn't 100% evidence that it touched the ground or not. Also that's just one of many instances of the Panthers shooting themselves in the foot. Dude should have caught that shyt cleanly with no bobbles or nothing and it wouldn't even have gone to replay.

All in all, that play was early as hell in the game and even after the fumble-touchdown they still had plenty of chances and failed to do anything, they lost.