Why is Roman still referred to as the Undisputed Champion?

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Because it's still 2 lineages but now 1 title, but not unified, because both lineages are continuing. It's still the WWE title and the Universal title, hence why it's called "Undisputed WWE Universal Championship", it's just represented as 1 title belt instead of 2 from what I can gather from what they've given us.

My guess is, unless they change it, that whoever defeats Roman for the Undisputed title, that the WWE title history and Universal title history will begin for them at the same time. They haven't added a new link or new icon for the Undisputed title on their title history page, at least not yet. They were pretty quick getting the WHC title history page and icon up after Seth won the title. I feel they did this as to continue Roman's 1000+ days as a champion and not have it end on some technicality.

Until they change anything on their title history page this is how I can see it playing out.

2 title icon links here

Scroll down. Still two title lineage here. No icon for the new belt.
:ehh: I'm sold on this explanation

Though I think Roman should have got to rock both belts until he was beat.

I hope they lean in and let Roman rock all 3 until he's beat lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They booked themselves in a corner. They can't have Roman just drop one of the titles because whoever beats him first is going to be a made guy (or should be).

TBH, if the WWE title was the one he won first they probably would have just unified them and been done with it but they can't get rid of the WWE title lineage but they need the 1000+ days to continue on as well (which is the Universal title).

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because everyone know why that third belt was made and the TRIBAL CHIEF is still champion of the most important 2 belts in the last decade in WWE.

Undisputed.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Roman winning the WWE title was so unnecessary at the time and it’s even worse now that they created this random consolation prize AND combined the wwe and universal titles into one :martin:

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Even better, he should send the Enforcer to snatch the WHC from Rollins

Solo is long overdue for some gold around his waist. :demonic:

Ya know, I like this idea a lot. :ehh:

Have Rollins issue an open challenge, Solo answers it and proceeds to beat the shyt out of Rollins and Samoan Spikes him for a quick pin. Reigns and Solo spend a few months bragging about holding all the world title gold and defending it accordingly. Then eventually, they start to feud leading to a winner-takes-all match at one of the big 4 WWE ppvs and they have an epic match, and Solo finds a way to beat him. And there ya go, Roman can go to Hollywood and Solo is now WWE's new big star.

• Angry
Reactions: Him

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
If it's defended more will it make him less of a paper champion? I think that is the whole point of this title. 1st title defense on Raw, first since when Big E had it.

How the hell could this logic make sense to you?

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Roman winning the WWE title was so unnecessary at the time and it’s even worse now that they created this random consolation prize AND combined the wwe and universal titles into one :martin:

Because Cody should have won and now they're scrambling to make sense out of one bad decision after another.

Flying by the seat of their pants because Vince panicked and combined the belts.

Exactly. No sense in doing that shyt

Boo Vince. Boo this man gif
rUYxPhL.png

Last edited: