Why Is Phil Spencer Still Giving Away Freebies To Sony?

Daps
Nobody is giving out "freebies." The game was funded on Fig with both backers like Kickstarter, and actual investors who are getting a return from the sales of this game. I'm sure there would be a problem if investors were expecting some return based on sales from three platforms and Microsoft cut it to two. This exact same situation happened with Wasteland 3.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Psychonauts 2 should've been an Xbox exclusive.

it should've been the Xbox's answer to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Phil needs to stop being a nice guy and go for the jugular. lock down any exclusives you can. no more freebies to Sony :birdman:
It was a crowdsourced game under obligation to be on other platforms. I don't doubt Microsoft added to their funding later down the line after acquiring Double Fine.

Same kinda deal with Deathloop. Bethesda had a deal in place before they were acquired.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think MS had to release the game, and if they did it didn't have to be anytime soon and could have easily been another year or so away to the point of which no one really would have been trying to play it on last gen hardware in 2022/2023.

Instead it got a simultaneous release date.

Also the game was delayed twice I believe after Microsoft aquired them. So 9 times outta 10 MS resources were used in polish and development on the ps4 version.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Deal was signed before Microsoft owned the studio and beyond that Microsoft has been open about the fact that they want you playing their games no matter which platform you chose.

Y’all should be thanking uncle Phil for doing the right thing instead of fighting console wars
Only Uncle Phil I know is Phil Banks :ufdup:
I appreciate the creh not bein a petty fakkit

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
why yall acting dumb

Acting dumb is suggesting that the only reason psychonauts 2 and deathloop are releasing on ps (as opposed to their other games like starfield) is because of prior contractual obligations?

The people acting dumb are the ones who think phil Spencer made the call to be “a pretty cool guy” about releasing more xbox games on PlayStation consoles, even deathloop which isn’t coming to xbox on launch.