Why is math hard for the general populace

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
not saying i'm einstein or newton over here but i never found math that hard outside of word problems (Those shyts were the devil)

but for some reason people struggle with topics like algebra, calc, and geometery. most find it hard to grasp even though they aren't that abstract in nature

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'm not sure there's really an answer

But I would like to think that Math is a hard concept that is also very uninteresting which leads to a lack of enthusiasm for wanting to learn it which leads to being "harder" than it already is

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I was terrible in Math. However I think people are going to be worse in Math with each generation. Because math defies the pussified logic we apply to children today. You have a generation that wants to rewrite social norms. You got people that want to switch up bathrooms, genders and gender defied roles.

Now apply that "I'm going to change everything" mentality to Math where there is one and ONLY one answer to apply to a situation and it fukks with there mentality. You generation cannot make 4+3=8 or any other number.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
I was terrible in Math. However I think people are going to be worse in Math with each generation. Because math defies the pussified logic we apply to children today. You have a generation that wants to rewrite social norms. You got people that want to switch up bathrooms, genders and gender defied roles.

Now apply that "I'm going to change everything" mentality to Math where there is one and ONLY one answer to apply to a situation and it fukks with there mentality. You generation cannot make 4+3=8 or any other number.

Nah, whats going to fukk them up is that bullshyt new math that makes no got damn sense

5484982_orig.png

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Once past the basics of math

I'd like to see schools teach money management instead, credit card rates, loans, budgeting. You know thing awe use in real life

I've yet to apply any of the advanced algebra or ridiculous word problems they had me doing in college to real life

What a waste.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
not saying i'm einstein or newton over here but i never found math that hard outside of word problems (Those shyts were the devil)

but for some reason people struggle with topics like algebra, calc, and geometery. most find it hard to grasp even though they aren't that abstract in nature

I'm a be blunt in school I could have given 2 shyts about any form of math that wasn't "consumer" math all that solve for X or radical equations :camby:. Now I'm sure there are people that love it, it just wasn't my thing.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I think because people, for the most part, don't understand what they're being taught.

Math isn't just a set of formulas and lemmas and postulates... it's a language. It's an extrapolation of the behavior of the universe.

I was HORRIBLE at math until I understood this. Then one day (during my 3rd attempt at calculus) the scales fell from my eyes and for just the briefest of seconds, I "saw the universe" and it all made sense. I have tried to help others have the same revelation, but really I think you just have to see it for yourself.

Once I realized what math was, it became easy.