Why is Married with Children never mentioned when discussing GOAT sitcoms?

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Married With Children was funny in that it was audacious but y'all ain't gonna rewrite history that shyt was trash. :mjlol:
fcEZt6m.png

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
tenor.gif

I can watch that shyt any day and laugh. I watched some episodes a few months back and was :mjlol:

Breh each character was basically one running joke that never changed. Even when I was the ideal target demo I'd come home from school and that shyt would be on "maybe watch maybe pass" level at best.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Breh each character was basically one running joke that never changed. Even when I was the ideal target demo I'd come home from school and that shyt would be on "maybe watch maybe pass" level at best.

Seems like you’re the only one who sees it as “trash.”

Watch some sheep come in and say it’s “trash” too. :scust:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Seems like you’re the only one who sees it as “trash.”

Watch some sheep come in and say it’s “trash” too. :scust:
As if sheep ain't what this thread already full of with the title begging for it. :dead:

And I ain't the only one in the thread either. :umad:

You couldn't even come back on my criticism. Al is a horndog loser with no respect for or from his family, Peg is a lazy-ass wife who spends his money, Kelly is a dumb blonde, and Bud is socially inept. Every damn episode was just a series of the same jokes about those same roles.

Bored me man. :russell:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
As if sheep ain't what this thread already full of with the title begging for it. :dead:

And I ain't the only one in the thread either. :umad:

You couldn't even come back on my criticism. Al is a horndog loser with no respect for or from his family, Peg is a lazy-ass wife who spends his money, Kelly is a dumb blonde, and Bud is socially inept. Every damn episode was just a series of the same jokes about those same roles.

Bored me man. :russell:
Why would I have to have a “comeback”? You want character development for a comedy show? That’s not the point of comedy shows. :dahell:

It’s not your cup of tea, so be it; but you wanna try to say some ridiculous shyt like the show is “trash” and “we’re rewriting history” when you’re obviously not a fan of the show. :stopitslime:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why would I have to have a “comeback”? You want character development for a comedy show? That’s not the point of comedy shows. :dahell:

It’s not your cup of tea, so be it; but you wanna try to say some ridiculous shyt like the show is “trash” and “we’re rewriting history” when you’re obviously not a fan of the show. :stopitslime:
I wasn't talking about character development, I was talking about the laziness of the jokes. Seinfeld's characters never developed either but the jokes had energy behind them and every episode was different. Married With Children felt like every episode was trying to find a new way to tell the same jokes.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I wasn't talking about character development, I was talking about the laziness of the jokes. Seinfeld's characters never developed either but the jokes had energy behind them and every episode was different. Married With Children felt like every episode was trying to find a new way to tell the same jokes.

All shows aren’t the same. Each has its own style. You either like it or don’t. :beli: