Why is Digital Foundry so biased?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
These same idiots said no one could tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when current gen launched and vase PS4 games were 1080p and xbox1 games were 720p and stilled bigged up the weaker xbox.
The difference between the X1 and ps4 wasn't big enough for the average person to tell.

The difference between the 1X and pro is much bigger with the 1X having much more going for it than just resolution.

1X games are getting improved textures and fps over the pro that are much more noticeable to the untrained eye.

They are fair, and this is coming from someone who owns a ps4 pro, not an xbox.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They aren’t biased towards Xbox or Playstation, its just that in some videos they just focus on some areas of a game more than others.

They do move the goalposts too much for Switch though. I feel like most Switch videos have a positive spin when there are times that weird performance or graphic downgrades would be nails in the coffin for any other platform.

While Digital Foundry started out small and niche, these days they get preferred and direct access to developers and hardware manufacturers (Nvidia)and it compromises their work since they can’t flat out call some games unacceptable. Control is the most recent example.

Also, I don’t see the point in comparing consoles to PC. A PC with a netbook CPU, RX 580, 12GB of RAM and a 5400rpm hard drive would be interesting since it would show the OS overhead or the benefits of ‘coding to the metal’. But comparing consoles to PCs with faster parts doesn’t make sense.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They aren't bias, they pretty much just give it to you straight the switch is probably the most questionable....but it kinda is the outliner too

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
The problem DF has is not bias but consistency. Things they would criticise in one video they would skate over in another video.

For example checkerboarding of 4k. God of War has it and it was mentioned. That point was hammered home. Gears of War 5 had dynamic scaling with 1080p upscaled to 4k in most of the game. This was skated over.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The problem DF has is not bias but consistency. Things they would criticise in one video they would skate over in another video.

For example checkerboarding of 4k. God of War has it and it was mentioned. That point was hammered home. Gears of War 5 had dynamic scaling with 1080p upscaled to 4k in most of the game. This was skated over.

Isn’t that a just a product of release date/time. I don’t think they dwell on checkerboard on the PS4 like they use to.

I only say this because before I bought a One X two months ago I rewatched most of their multiplat videos.

I’m highly bothered that they skipped on Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These same idiots said no one could tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when current gen launched and vase PS4 games were 1080p and xbox1 games were 720p and stilled bigged up the weaker xbox.
I've been watching & reading digital foundry for over a decade now.
And when Xbox One and PS4 dropped I recall the DF Staff saying 1080p vs 900p on a 1080p set isn't that Stark of a difference and to be honest... they're right.

And they aren't "biased" their info is pretty accurate including information directly from the developers themselves.

They're probably the most impartial videogame media out there.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
They weren't biased here
:

Breh, they litteraly called dice to complain and 1x had a patch released within a week of thst vid. Them fakkits never pick up a phone to have a dev better any PS4 game that under performs when it shouldn't.