IYO SKY [ Io Shirai ] Official Stan Thread

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Unless New Japan starts booking women on their big shows, there's nothing left for her to do in Japan. Truth be told, she outgrew the joshi puroresu scene a long time ago. She had two seperate year+ long reigns as champion, headlined hundreds of shows, held all the belts simultaneously, beat everyone, carried the company on her back for years, won the Tokyo Sports award 3 years in a row, etc etc. It's only so many times she can fight Mayu Iwatani and Meiko Satomura in front of the same 1500 old Japanese men at Korakuen Hall.

I'm speculating but I think she would have retired by now if the WWE opportunity hadn't materialised, and I think she's done after her WWE run. My gut feeling is that she came to America to experience some big event glamour, show her skills to a worldwide audience, maybe have her "WrestleMania moment", then call it a career. Joshi wrestlers (especially the non-dykes) generally retire young, it's rare to see them going deep into their 30's.

As if Io would willingly go from having 10k people going crazy for her at TakeOver to scrapping with Paige's mom in front of 175 rabid feminists in Pro Wrestling EVE :picard:
Here's the thing...she needs to matter on the main roster of the WWE. That's what will live on 30 yrs from now.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Here's the thing...she needs to matter on the main roster of the WWE. That's what will live on 30 yrs from now.

Exactly!!:blessed:

With that said:wow:

giphy.gif

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I like to think or Io's situation like this: Io was the Tanahashi of a company that didn't have an Okada to put opposite her. She was the long-time ace that had basically done it all, and... what more is there to do if you lapping everyone at a jog and there's no one to make you sprint?
The problem is, right now in NXT, they're basically asking her to pace the people running with her. And eventually, you gotta either let the woman go all-out, or you let her sit down. This year is shyt or get off the pot with Io in NXT. Because Io damn sure doesn't need to get called up. Because how do you crow about a Lacey/Charlotte moonsault when Io fukking Shirai is on the show? You don't.

My guess is, she'll be slotted in as Rhea's next feud after they have her beat Bianca at the next TakeOver. Depending, I could even see them doing a little back and forth swap with the titles a la Shayna/Kairi. Especially if they plan to bring Rhea up post-WM.

But yeah... Io deserves better in some ways, but as long as babygirl having fun out there and getting paid for the work she puts in and compensated for it like she deserves, I'm happy to see her in NXT and hear that clean ass theme :banderas:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I need her with Asuka and Kairi... let's get Triple Tails 2.0.

(As long as Mio gives that blessing. Damn shame what happened to Io's sister, brehs)

Or a Thunder/Lightning type duo with her and Bianca:ohhh: We all know the E ain't gonna let Bianca shine immediately whenever she's called up. Rather she was working a tag team with the Best Joshi Alive instead of them both being mishandled and buried.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I need her with Asuka and Kairi... let's get Triple Tails 2.0.

Or a Thunder/Lightning type duo with her and Bianca:ohhh: We all know the E ain't gonna let Bianca shine immediately whenever she's called up. Rather she was working a tag team with the Best Joshi Alive instead of them both being mishandled and buried.

kabuki-io.jpg

Imagine if we never get to see Io vs Asuka with stakes and 20+ minutes :snoop:

(As long as Mio gives that blessing. Damn shame what happened to Io's sister, brehs)

Speaking of Mio and Kana, this looks like fun

:shaq: