Why Have Super Long Load Times Made A Comeback This Gen?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
There is a maximum speed that data/information can be transferred, we have more or less hit that peak. The only way to realistically reduce load times is to compress the data in a way that allows it to transfer in a way that maintains fidelity, but I'm no computer wiz and I couldn't really break down how it could be done or even if it's possible. Notice processor speeds have remained stagnant for years.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
There is a maximum speed that data/information can be transferred, we have more or less hit that peak. The only way to realistically reduce load times is to compress the data in a way that allows it to transfer in a way that maintains fidelity, but I'm no computer wiz and I couldn't really break down how it could be done or even if it's possible. Notice processor speeds have remained stagnant for years.

Hol up you mean to tell me pentium 4 hyper threads are still the fewcha?

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
The common denominator in both of these games is EA.

They have unrealistic release dates and schedules which causes devs to rush the product. This is why CD Projekt Red and Rockstar are the only AAA studios right now. They dont give a damn and will release when its ready.

witcher 3 and especially gta online have horrible loading times

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Other posters hit...Games are getting bigger, processor speeds aren't keeping up. Hence, load times? Why do you think all PS4/XB1 discs have to be installed before being played? Load times straight off disc reading would be a fukkin nightmare.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Load times are always gonna be around. Games just need to work on disguising them better. Giving you a static image is bullshyt. fukk you, Anthem.

Look at God of War. It hides load times through humorous stories, world building, and boat rides. People don’t even know they’re loading times because they made them interesting.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
This is why I decided to not upgrade to the One X. Going to need an SSD for me next Console or rig.