Why hasn't there been a class action lawsuit to sue the government for reparations?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
We came close in 1950, if this had gotten more traction it would have set the stage for reparations

We Charge Genocide - Wikipedia
We Charge Genocide: The Crime of Government Against the Negro People is a paper accusing the United States government of genocide based on the UN Genocide Convention. This paper was written by the Civil Rights Congress (CRC) and presented to the United Nations at meetings in Paris in December 1951.

The document pointed out that the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide defined genocide as any acts committed with "intent to destroy" a group, "in whole or in part."[1] To build its case for black genocide, the document cited many instances of lynching in the United States, as well as legal discrimination, disenfranchisement of blacks in the South, a series of incidents of police brutality dating to the present, and systematic inequalities in health and quality of life. The central argument: the US government is both complicit with and responsible for a genocidal situation based on the UN's own definition of genocide.

The document received international media attention and became caught up in Cold War politics, as the CRC was supported by the American Communist Party. Its many examples of shocking conditions for African Americans shaped beliefs about the United States in countries across the world. The American government and white press accused the CRC of exaggerating racial inequality in order to advance the cause of Communism. The US State Department forced CRC secretary William L. Patterson to surrender his passport after he presented the petition to a UN meeting in Paris.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
There will be NO reparations until Black people work as one unified group.

That won't happen in my lifetime since we blame each other more than the actual enemy of ALL Black people.....and we don't even agree on who that is.​

You don't need to do all that.

All you need is a case for reparations and a government willing to give it.

Very few periods in history, Descendants of Slaves has ever made a case for reparations. Our case for reparations isn't a consistent knocking at the door. A

Political ideas like this starts in academia, we have several books that detail the economic advantages that Whites have secured over generations. Now we need academics to tally up the cost.

The case for reparations is simple.

Descendants of Slaves need reparations to live in the USA as a 1st World citizen. If we do not have reparations, we will always be a 3rd class citizen, getting passed up by immigrants.

If other Black people don't agree, fukk them we don't need them.

American Revolution was a revolution started by a minority.

Russian Revolution was started by a minority.

Haitian Revolution was started by a minority.

Most political movements and ideas are crafted by men in dark rooms, not by the masses. Masses are sheep, they'll follow whoever plays the tune they like.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
CharlieManson said:
You don't need to do all that.

No, we DO need to do all that.

We'll never get anywhere with so many of us being dragged all over distracting issues (Gay rights, Feminism, etc.) when THIS one needs to be adjudicated.

We need to become a veritable monolith in order to get anything done on this scale.​

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I want to see this happen so bad.

It's gonna happen cause we have no choice if we want to be living good lives in the USA.

And we have a new and coming political vanguard that ain't afraid of being called out for wanting "handouts".

This whole "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" shyt is dying along with the hope that came with Obama's Presidency.

Last edited:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Expecting the folk that raped, murdered and enslaved your ancestors and took YOUR land to simply hand it all back to you...

Y'all really don't get the nature of this beast

Their is a lawsuit going on right now I just learned. It's a civil rights leader that marched with MLK I believe. I can't remember his name but they mentioned him and his lawsuit on Yvette Cornell last night. He frustrated because he's put up $250k of his own money and noone else is helping in fear of appearing too black. He mentioned people like Oprah and Obama ect... Also he is in poor health and probably dying. shyt is fukked up that our other black leaders won't join him with this lawsuit. I blame the Democrats. We African Americans need to file suit and bring this shyt to the UN to put political pressure on the government to make this right. We need our cash. Nothing else acceptable. We don't want tuition or loans, we want cash bytch

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I would guess the problem is they can't pay what they owe the black community. The debt is too large. There's about 40 million African-Americans. At $100,000 each - a sum which does not, in my opinion, adequately compensate for slavery and everything that came after slavery - it comes to a bill of $4 trillion, or 25% of America's GDP. It's larger than the entire federal budget. And it isn't even enough, that's just a ballpark figure I picked for easy multiplication.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Sukairain said:
I would guess the problem is they can't pay what they owe the black community. The debt is too large. There's about 40 million African-Americans. At $100,000 each - a sum which does not, in my opinion, adequately compensate for slavery and everything that came after slavery - it comes to a bill of $4 trillion, or 25% of America's GDP. It's larger than the entire federal budget. And it isn't even enough, that's just a ballpark figure I picked for easy multiplication.

America isn't the only nation that benefited from slavery and has a GDP.

:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump's government is cutting taxes and healthcare for white people and you expect them to all of a sudden give reparations to blacks

:mjlol:

it didnt matter if obama was in there...reparations is not happening....

this is a waste of time and resources...

why not expend this energy towards building and supporting black businesses instead of asking white people to gove us something even if its something we are owed like reparations?

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
America isn't the only nation that benefited from slavery and has a GDP.

:sas2:

Oh for sure, its plenty of countries all around the world that profited big from slave trading. But unlike the USA they owe reparations not only to African-Americans but also to Africans, Chinese, Indians, various indigenous people worldwide; every place that was plundered during colonial rule. They wouldn't even be able to meet any of the colonial reparations before stepping up to split the American bill.

It's because reparations cannot be paid that immigration occurs. We don't come to these countries because we love the white man so much that we are willing to leave our own homes and put up with the racism, the shyt food and worse weather that characterize white societies. We do it for money. Money that isn't available at home because it was taken away. Immigration is basically a roundabout way of getting reparations. But we still lose. Immigration is very damaging because net exporters of immigrants tend to lose their best people all the time to the western world. How is the homeland supposed to improve if the best and brightest keep leaving all the time because you can't get paper at home?