Why don’t we have more Sci-Fi games?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m watching Cyberpunk 77 gameplay and it left me wondering why we don’t see more of this type of genre in gaming :dwillhuh:

The consoles are now powerful enough to handle futuristic beautiful looking cities and the genre itself is very popular. Hopefully after the success of Cyberpunk we will see more studios trying this.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There's a game out now called Cloud punk that is sci-fi in that vain, but smaller in scale and scope. Also, sci-fi as a genre is pretty vague and vast. Technically, there's plenty of sci fi games out there and have been out for ages. For example, Bioshock was about as sci-fi as it gets and that was last gen.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Deux Ex Mankind Divided is very dope. Check it out.
Was about to post this. Hope they continue with the franchise once they see Cyberpunk's popularity.
Halo is a good shout, though I've never owned an Xbox. The lore in that series is deep.

I want Mass Effect back.

I think it's because the popularity of things like GoT and now The Witcher, it skewed things towards fantasy.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Borderland 3, Anthem , Star-Wars Battlefront 2, GoW 5, Doom, No-Man Sky.... Fall out 5.. This thread is mad vague and there are plenty of sci-fi games out there. :mjtf:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
There are a lot of sci-fi games out there, but Medieval Fantasy has been pretty piff the last couple of years :whew:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huntdown cop that

I mentioned this game in the Switch thread, it’s a dope sci fi game. Plays like Cyber Lip